Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

This Rollercoaster has Been Derailed!

Why did I do this?

Rate this Entry
My weight loss goal is right at 100 lbs. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, gastric reflux, lower back disc extrusion, and depression. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Like I said elsewhere on these forums, I look at it like getting immunizations. Doing this surgery is preventing me from developing more/worse comorbidities and complications down the road that are a certain death sentence. I wouldn't walk into a room full of polio patients without having a vaccine, so neither will I continue to walk into a world full of food without the tools to control my eating.

Submit "Why did I do this?" to Digg Submit "Why did I do this?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why did I do this?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why did I do this?" to Google

Comments

its the best choice ive made for my health my diabetis is under control no meds or injection off b/p meds keep it up! Cheers to good health1
    This surgery is utterly miraculous. I'm grateful every day.
    I love reading these kind of posts! I have my first appt in a week. I can't wait
    Well said!!
    im glad you all love your surgery. I miss eating, and enjoying food. People told me before the surgery it was the best thing they ever did.... Im not there yet