Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mydreamcometrue

hungry at night

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone,

Well I 3 months post op and have lost 50 pounds so far, yeah...My only problem is at night arounf 9:00 pm I am starving.
I get in all my proteins and vitamins, any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks for all your help

Submit "hungry at night" to Digg Submit "hungry at night" to del.icio.us Submit "hungry at night" to StumbleUpon Submit "hungry at night" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had the same problem for the first few month...I usually would have a light snack...like string cheese or part of a yogurt. Something not to bad for me but would take the edge off! but for about 2months I went to bed hungry most of the time sometimes would wake me up at night and then I was starving by the morning. But as I progressed and could eat more in my regular meals it stopped. But I still eat about 6 times a day. I know some say just the 3 times a day but as little as we eat I need my between meal snacks!
    I had that for a while and still do at times. Deli meat is fantastic for this. Low calorie, no guilt and very filling. If you don't like chemical deli meat (that is what I call the cheap stuff), then go to a Wholefoods or nicer grocery store and get deli meat that is all natural. Most of it is about 30 calories an ounce, or something like that.
    Assuming you aren't low on liquid intake and aren't as hungry as you think.
    How about SF Jello, SF drinks, lean protein, some veggies (w/hummus or salsa if you prefer), a salad, or low fat/low calorie yogurt.

Ahhh, the evening munchies. That's my personal demon I always had to wrestle with.
    I still find I'm hungrier later in the night and will always have a snack. In the beginning stages, I found a glass of milk helped, now I need more of a late night snack. If you fit it into your program, things should be fine...Continued success!
    thanks for all your suggestions
    My nutritionist suggested 5 or 6 small meals a day since the amount we can consume is so small. Late night eating has always been a problem for me---but I can't sleep when I'm hungry. So I try not to go overboard with my late meal/snack, and tummy helps me out with that! Good luck.
    I find a few tablespoons of cottage cheese helps. Anything high in protein will keep you full through the night.