Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ladeegee

Month 2 - Checking in.

Rate this Entry
I can't believe it's been 2 months since my surgery! I'm still saying to myself, "I can't believe I did it."

I'm down 31 pounds, and overall I feel pretty good. I can eat whatever I want now, just not as much as I used to. And I'm very selective about what I eat now. I still find it amazing that the things I used to eat in one sitting take DAYS to eat now. For example, it took me 3 days to eat 3 chicken fingers and garlic mashed potatoes.

I think my only big concern is (TMI ALERT!!!!) I can't poop. It seems like every other day I'm either taking a suppository or an enema. I even take Metamucil every day and I still end up being constipated. This has been going on for about a month now.

Do I regret my surgery? Absolutely not! I love getting smaller and smaller. I'm enjoying shopping again. I have more energy. I can walk the dog uphill and not get winded. I can do the 30 minute circuit at Planet Fitness and not feel like I'm about to die!

If someone were to ask me should they do the surgery, I would say "Go for it!" Do it for you and nobody else.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Submit "Month 2 - Checking in." to Digg Submit "Month 2 - Checking in." to del.icio.us Submit "Month 2 - Checking in." to StumbleUpon Submit "Month 2 - Checking in." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome hon !!
    Good work
    Congrats!
    Ms. Ladeegee! Look at you, all exercising and shopping and dropping weight like a pro! Please do post pix.
    Awesome job!!! As far as the poop issues go, stop the Metamucil. It's a bulk-forming laxative that works by piling up in your intestines to create volume. My bariatric nurse told me to steer clear of it because it can create blockages that make the issue worse.

Try Miralax or ask your doctor for a prescription for the generic stuff--polyethylene glycol. You may also be able to find the generic stuff over the counter too. It's flavorless, clear, and can be mixed into your beverages. It's not a stimulant laxative so it's gentle enough to use when needed. It may take 1-2 days to get going, but it's very effective. I have IBS and it has saved me many times! Best wishes!
    Thanks Blondie,

My bariatric nurse told me told to get the Metamucil, but it's obviously not working so I'm going to go for the Miralax.