Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sue_902010

Seven weeks post-Op and tolerating regular diet

Rate this Entry
I am seven weeks post-op and have been tolerating regular diet well. I am still leary about eating most dry foods and over eating to much of anything but trial and error is working well for me . I have been enjoying trying new things I have not eaten before and trying to stay away from the comfort foods. I am 5 pounds from being out of the 200s and walking up a storm. I want to start an exercise program thats not to strenuous but I am bit lost on which direction to go. I am so excited about my new found life. My energy level is wonderful but when its time to go to bed its time to go to bed and I am out like a light. . I haven't told anyone in my family about the surgery yet I am not excited about how they will respond, for now its more of my daughters and a few close friends secret. I know I will have to tell them eventually. Any advice on how to go about doing this without feeling depressed about my decision.

Submit "Seven weeks post-Op and tolerating regular diet" to Digg Submit "Seven weeks post-Op and tolerating regular diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Seven weeks post-Op and tolerating regular diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Seven weeks post-Op and tolerating regular diet" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Any advice on how to go about doing this without feeling depressed about my decision.
    I guess, if they don't like your decision, they can pay for you to go back into surgery and have 80% of a donor stomach added to yours to bring you back where you were pre-surgery.

You owe no one an excuse and you should NEVER second guess your decision.
    I tell everyone who asks about how I lost so much weight, the truth. I worked damn hard to lose weight pre-surgery, went through a major surgical procedure and made a life time commitment of eating differently and exercising and have nothing to be embarrassed about.

For those that can not accept this, this is their problem, not yours.
    They should be supportive of your decision, if they aren't, then surround yourself around people who are supportive.

It's your body, your decision. If they want to judge you, bring them to a lake and ask them to walk across it. If they can, well, then I guess they have the right to judge. If they can't, then they will physically be the way they think -"all wet"!
    Have they noticed yet??? Wonder what they'll say! Please let us know!!!
    Go on with ya bad self!
    Hi, Sue. I also am 7+ weeks out and feel the same way. Am feeling good, eating mostly food (maybe 5 shakes a week) and losing steadily.

So happy to see that you're doing so well, too.