Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChangingShape66

10 pounds away from being OUT of the 300's!

Rate this Entry
It is amazing how GOOD I feel! On Tuesday October 14th I will be 16 weeks post op and celebrating my 25th Wedding Anninversary. I am down 93.6 pounds from my top weight of 403.6 in 2007. My Weight on my surgery day was 351.8 and today I am at 310!! I never thought I would see that number again and here I am just 10 pounds away from not having a 3 as the starting number for my weight. It is my hope that I can know out another 5 pounds before November 1 and get to twoterville by Thanksgiving Day! It will be the biggest and best way to start the holidays ever!

Overall I feel great! No back pain, no more sweating while I shop and I have gotten back to being able to shop for extended periods of time again with no pain. I LOVE this regained freedom and I cannot believe how much I missed it. I am so looking forward to shopping this holiday season. I have been a shopping fool this past week updating my Halloween decorations much to my husbands chagrin. For the last several years I made the excuse that setting up for Halloween was just a waste of time, the truth is....I did not have the energy to do the work. I am getting better every day.

My Hemoglobin was at 7 almost 2 weeks ago and that is a scary number. 6 is transfusion level so we had to get to work on that right away. I am already anemic and my Hemoglobin was at 9 on my surgery day, well below where it should be. I am taking Feragon (and Iron supplement) 3x a day with Vitamin C (Vitaming C helps with the absorption of the Feragon). At least knowing that my Iron levels were so low helped explain the crazy fatigue I have been dealing with for the past few months. I also saw and OB/GYN regarding my heavy menstral cycles. I have a large Fibroid that is causing heavy bleeding and of course that does nothing to help my Iron levels. So...I started Progesterone and that is supposed to help me. I am praying it works because if it doesn't the next step is Lupron which would be an injection every 3 months which is fine. However, the drug can give me the symptoms of menapause! YIKES! know that I am hoping the Progesterone works.
In spite of ALL of this.... I am starting to notice a change for the better and that is good. Of course all of this only made my metabolism plummet and slowed my WL. But again, we are moving in a positive direction.

Nothing fits! Lol and it is a wonderful problem to have. Once I get rid of this 10 pounds I am going to put on a denim blazer that I have been ITCHING to put on. It looks good now, but it will look even better in another 10 pounds.

Life is good...

Submit "10 pounds away from being OUT of the 300's!" to Digg Submit "10 pounds away from being OUT of the 300's!" to del.icio.us Submit "10 pounds away from being OUT of the 300's!" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 pounds away from being OUT of the 300's!" to Google

Comments

Yay!! Congrats on your awesome success to this date. I am sure before you know it 10 pounds will be gone. Thanks for the update.

Hugs,
    Laura
    Good for you! You are doing a fantastic job.

You should be very proud of yourself.
    How fantastic and I know it's a wonderful feeling. Good luck on your continued success.
    Sweetie, my uterus was put in the bin seven years ago, and it was the best thing ever. There are some things you just don't miss!!! I know exactly how you are feeling - my haemoglobin was 4.
    You can do it dear. Shoot for the stars.
    Congratulations! I hear the excitement in your post. It will only get better from here. Trust me!
    Its like i can see your smile as I read your words. Enjoy you success
    Yay!!! You can totally do this!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Keep up the excellent work. You're doing great!!!!!