Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DeeFranklin14

Acting funny!!!!

Rate this Entry
So I decided to move forward with surgery next month. I told my husband and now all i get is crickets!!!!! WTH??!??!! I will go alone if i have too! On top of that I have been wait-listed for nursing school until next August!!!! I want to CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submit "Acting funny!!!!" to Digg Submit "Acting funny!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Acting funny!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Acting funny!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Like I tell my daughter, we may not understand or like things that happen but things do happen for a reason. Take this time to dedicate it to you....Good luck, I am sure things will be just fine! Your about to enjoy a brand new life, its crazy how well you will feel
    Thank you !!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bumbed out......i had a whole Big Mac!!!!! so sad..UGHHHHHHHHHH I can just CRY!!!! Forget it....Im crying!!!
    I'm sorry you've had two major disappointments. I sure understand about that Big Mac. sigh. I hope your husband will come around to supporting you wholeheartedly, but if not...you already know, you're ready. Time passes. Be good to yourself while you're waiting for nursing school. Blessings.
    Be proud of yourself for taking the very big step to get the surgery! And about the Big Mac? Hell, I ate like a pig last night before I had to start my liquid diet today! Don't feel bad about that. As for your husband, he will not be the one going through it, YOU will, so if he does not support you, then you support yourself and turn to your friends to help you through this as you will need help after the surgery. Don't let anyone bring you down because of their issues. When you are losing weight and feeling great, you will be able to thank one person: YOURSELF. Good luck and don't worry, you can do it!!!
    Dee, keep pushing onward and upward. There is just not enough room in your life for discouragement. Your husband will come around to the idea. Give him time. My husband is scared to death of me having the surgery. Your husband will end up being your biggest supporter, I'm sure. Today was a tough day for you and that's okay. God is going to deliver a blessing to you if you will keep your faith in him and keep trying! Never give up! EVER!
    Think about how much better you will get around when you do get into the nursing program. YOu will have time to heal and learn how to handle your meals before gettting the stress of nursing school. Hang in there and look for that silver lining, it is always there.
    Is your husband afraid of something going wrong, worried that somehow your relationship with him will change when you lose weight or he is afraid you may find someone else after you lose weight?
    Talk to him and listen to his concerns and let him listen to your feelings.

Well, next August is only 10 months away. You will be in nursing school, weighing less, feeling healthier and happier. Congratulations.
    Keep your head up! Don't let your husband's reaction discourage you. My husband wasn't on board when I first started my journey. He was afraid that once I lost the weight all the extra attention would cause problems in our marriage. Once he realized how crazy he sounded he was supportive. As my surgery date got closer he worried about something happening to me during the procedure. Now 2 weeks post op he's taking walks with me and following a new diet. To show his support he even did the 2 week pre op liquid diet with me. Give him some time to adjust to the idea and I'm sure he'll come around. As far as nursing school goes the stress of it right now will be overwhelming. Trust me, I've been there. The wait list may be a blessing in disguise. Good luck on your journey!
    Thank you ALL!!!!! I am so glad I joined this group. Some of my friends don't understand the weight struggle. All of your words mean SO much to me!!!!! All hell...now im crying again....Stupid emotions!!! lOL
    Again we as men are very jealous and insecure when it comes to the women we choose to set up house with. Now you are a good looking lady and with the surgery he is thinking you will change your mind about him. With the new look that's coming you might want a man is what he is thinking.
    All hell...now im crying again....Stupid emotions!!! lOL
    Don't cry, from your avatar picture, you have too pretty of a face & smile to do that.
    My husband was flat out against this surgery. It caused huge fights and a major upheaval in our life. In the end it was my choice and he had to deal with it. Now that it's over and I'm healed he's fine.

This is not a nice point but something I said to him. You may or may not be in my life a year from now but my body and my health is mine forever. That is how I made my choice and stuck with it.
    Hang in there Dee! I had to wait 10 long months from first consult to surgery day and at times I felt I was losing my mind. But once you are sleeved, losing lots of weight AND in Nursing school you are going to look back and say "What was I worried about again?"
    Sorry to hear this! When I told my family I wanted wls no one was supportive. It changed over time but it hurt me a lot then. Just keep moving forward! You'll look back a year from now & I promise you it will be the best decision you will have made for your health! Good luck to you!!!
    Hello ...... Huni I pray that you have great success with your new jouney in life.