Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Roses

48 hours before surgery! And flying toward the future.

Rate this Entry
Okay so here goes - my first blog post.

I've ben pretty calm up until now and I can feel the nerves setting in this morning. I have a plan like most other Monday sleevers I've connected with - to clean the house and get my stage 3 foods from the store. Tomorrow I will be hanging out with my sister all day and will be busy. I don't expect to sleep much Sunday night.

The hospital called yesterday and told me to come in earlier - at 8 rather than 9:30 because the person before me didn't get insurance approval in time. Fine with me. The less time I have to wait the better.

I started my 2-day liquid diet today - protein shakes, jello and soup broths. And I stopped taking my vitamins.

I've already taken my 'before' pictures so I guess most everything is in place.

Now's the time for looking forward to envision my healthier self in the future:
This summer I'm zip lining with the family. I imagine me being able to climb all the way up to the top of the zip line tower - maybe even beating my kids up the stairs. No problem fitting into the harness because I'll be a normal weight and I won't have any embarrassment about my size. When I step off that platform I let go and fly fast and free with my arms wide open to feel it all. This is the image I will call on when I am waiting to go into surgery on monday. It calms me instantly and makes me smile.

I'll be much more comfortable in a bathing suit on the beach not to mention I'll look a helluva lot better. And I'm getting a bike for Christmas. A retro pink or turquoise blue bike with a basket in the front to carry some little things. I'll be able to ride without pain or embarrassment and the wind in my hair and strength in my legs will feel powerfully good.

I'll be buying clothes in 'regular' stores and wearing all of the cute styles coming out this spring. I'll need a whole new work wardrobe and I've joked with my work friends that I'll know I've made it when I get called down to HR for wearing skirts that are too tight and too short

I can't wait.
Yes. It's time.

Submit "48 hours before surgery! And flying toward the future." to Digg Submit "48 hours before surgery! And flying toward the future." to del.icio.us Submit "48 hours before surgery! And flying toward the future." to StumbleUpon Submit "48 hours before surgery! And flying toward the future." to Google

Comments

Good luck 😊 I'm excited for you 🎉🎊
    Thanks Bre!
    Love, love, love your visualizations. I'm borrowing the zip line one.
    You have made zip lining a reality with that visualization! Awesome. Love it!
    Love it! Your visualizations made me smile. Don't forget to take your measurements too. Best wishes for a succesful surgery and recovery. Keep us posted!
    Thanks for this! I'm hoping to get one of those bikes too. A pink one! I'll get a bell and ring it constantly!
    Wow this is exciting to read! Ill be in your shoes next month, I love all that you have envisioned for yourself! I think I need to try the zip line too! I can remember watching other people do it in SC. on a vacation. Being heavy I couldn't imagine doing something like that for myself, but what a great goal to look forward to! I wish you well! please update us on your journey.
    Good luck, Roses! My goodness, I've got to get my own list started. The main thing I've been dreaming about is just not being so hot and miserable next summer. I do believe I need to sprinkle a few 'action' verbs into my dreams. Always wanted a bike with a basket.
    That is it Roses, I thought I was doing ok, you lifted me even higher, thank you so much!!!!!! And here I sit worried about getting on the airplane in 3 days, awwww that is nothing after your lovely visualizations. Good luck and can't wait to hear from you!
    Great addittude , Its good to pre set your mind, There will be days and you just have to think of that Bike,or for me walking in a room and knowing there not staring at my larger body but maybe me, or not worring agout that seatbelt, or a weight limit , or just being able to out walk my 23 year old like I used too.These are simple thoughts that keep us going . So Good Luck and see u on the other side,,,
    We are having surgey the same day and ironically, I have to be there at 8:00 am.. Godspeed to you!! We will do great!
    I am picturing you like Gidget on your bike! Good luck with it all!!!
    Thank you everyone! And Rhonda I will send you good vibes too. Will blog again when I am able. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon!
    Tomorrow's the day!