Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Fast Eddie

The story so far

Rate this Entry
Ok, so here's my story...

Born a toothpick, all the way to an amazing 3rd grade. Summer of 3rd grade I needed glasses...Don't ask me why but this changed me. They made me self conscious, shy, and timid. By 4th grade i had blown up like a blimp!
Kids were cruel, hurtful, mean...but i didn't care. I was a country boy that kept to myself and always turned the other cheek.
The summer before i began high school, i fell in love with guitar, weightlifting, and girls! I played till my fingers bled, and worked out constantly to get skinny...and i almost did it! Freshman year, I was skinnyish almost the whole year...but it took so much work.
I broke down...but thank god i had a great personality, and could play guitar like a monster. Helping people and entertaining was my outlet and i loved it!
The weight came back...and the more i worked out...the bigger I got.
Years later i've been down every diet road, done the Topiramate and Phenteramine cocktail for a year, fasted, ate veggies, everything i could to lose the weight. With every 20 gone...30 came back even harder.
I visited a plastic surgeon about 6 years ago, only to hear him say "don't eat so much, and you'll lose the weight." Yeah, can you imagine a Dr saying that to you when his job is to help.
I've been planning on surgery for years, and finally, I've done enough research to be comfortable with the options, technology, and my health (which is perfect thank you all)
Set the appt, and I'm on my way. I'm changing my diet early to prepare, and it's been very helpful. Protein shakes have been great, and keeping track of my weight on a huge wall calendar with a scale in front of it helps TONS!!!

But the best thing i have done so far, is join this website...you are all angels...every one of you. You motivate, give slices of caring, check up on each other, and push each other to be the best they can be! You're all amazing, and I think we are all blessed to be able to share these experiences with each other! Thank you so much everyone...

Submit "The story so far" to Digg Submit "The story so far" to del.icio.us Submit "The story so far" to StumbleUpon Submit "The story so far" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

"Slices of caring." Love that. =)
    This is a Great Blog , site and everyone really cares about each other,Welcome
    you are going to do great! good luck!
    I knew I was gonna love you Eddie!! Can't wait to watch your journey unfold.
    Gods speed, on your weight lose journey Eddie.
    That's sooooo sweet! I'm also a muso, but not cool like you. I'm an opera singer, and the days of the fat lady singing are well and truly over. (Would kill myself or squash someone if I had to throw myself down the stairs in a suicide scene, for a start!!!) I'm being sleeved on 4th December and absolutely terrified. You're right about this site, though!!! I had a doctor tell me that I would lose weight if I stopped "Sitting on the couch all day eating chocolate." (Hilarious as I don't like chocolate and never watch tv.) Snotty cow. Meanwhile - best of luck, and keep in touch!!!
    I completely agree with you, Eddie, about this community. I suspect it's always been great, but the longer I'm here (nearly a year now), the more wonderful it seems. Very best to you on your WLS journey.
    OMG you guy's are so amazing...Toopie, Victoria, Lilygirl, Char, Kathy, Justine, Ann...you are all so full of caring! Love having your posts on my thread anytime!
    Justine, Love music...all kinds all ways.
    I was reading another post from you Ann, worst thing my mother ever said to me was that I was too fat to fit in her swimming pool...I'll never forget that and never EVER say that to my girls or any other person for that matter!
    Rock on Ladies!
    Glad you're here, Eddie! Can't wait to hear more about your journey. It's a wild ride, but SOOOO worth it!
    Best of luck on your journey. You have a great attitude that will serve you well!