Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dynomite

6 months..65lbs down and a bunch of inches lost!

Rate this Entry
Yep I'll take that!! Did my 6 month check up w/surgeon yesterday. He said I was 10lbs shy of expected weight lost for 6 months. I was like unh..alrighty. Note to self don't let the doctor knock your high!! I'm just glad to be 65lbs down and a bunch of inches lost!!

Jut been doing my thang these past few months. I am still on walk/run journey. I have started doing push-ups- modified at that...and must say it's hilarious!!! I can do 7 push-ups and 60 jumping jacks now. I still have not been able to do 1 pull-up with my actual body weight- however I can do 25 pull-ups with 95% of my body weight removed!!!- i know you're like what???? but there is a pull-up machine that removes your body weight-it makes it so much easier!! Hopefully I can add another 5% of body weight back within the next few weeks! so yep i'm getting my exercise on!!

Eating...that's a different story. my eating habits varies. I definitely don't eat bread however I have eaten cake, cookies, and donuts -trust me not over indulging in those either-it's occasionally. What's funny it's like I'll say I don't eat bread, but someone will say but you eating all that other stuff! In my mind it's not bread!!! LOL I eat plenty of protein and get my veggies in as well. There are some days where i forget to eat-which is funny cause i will get hungry just to busy to stop to eat.

I have tried to pay attention of what is being eaten as well. I do this to see what is causing me to have stalls or feel bloated. I have them frequently- in fact I will lose like 3lbs then gain 5lbs 2 days and take 3 weeks to just to get back to the 3lbs lost weight...weird. honestly i think it's poop related-just saying. why because if my water intake is increased-my poopage increases then the weight goes down and my tummy is less bloated.

I feel great in my body and my mind. I'm constantly getting wow you have lost a lot of weight- you look great- what are you doing..blah blah blah. It does boost my ego-will admit to that. Nope not conceited what so ever..but confidence level is at an all time high right about now.

What frustrates me the most is shopping. I love the fact that i am shopping smaller sizes but it's frustrating because all designers don't fit the same. For example- liz claiborne -I can wear a 1X/18 in misses but at lane bryant-i'm a tight 20 and a too loose 22! Michael Kors Plus size-waay to big even in 1X/18 but can't fit in the Misses clothes!!! So yes it can be a bit frustrating.

Going on vacation this week- cruising!!! Ooooo I can't wait! I have been getting in shape for this cruise- looking forward to doing the rock wall- a goal I set for myself! Even thinking about trying the zip line. The best part about this is that I am under the weight requirement!! Who dat shawty!!! Meeee!!!
I bought new swimsuits for this cruise as well. My plan is to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration; exercise first thing in the morning and enjoy myself. Not worried about eating at all-buffets don't scare me- definitely not over eating anymore-yea!!! (clapping). Looking forward to the airplane ride- why because i should be able to buckle seat belt without an extender!!! no panic attacks for this girlie!! (oh my God I can't fasten my seat belt...stop looking at me). nope none for me.

I just say take it one day at a time. some days I think on dang i'm supposed to be 75-80lbs down by 6 months and really get frustrated. Then there are the days I think I look and feel great...wow I am on track. Now honestly I have slowed down on the vitamin intake...more like not taking them. I ran out and didn't feel like restocking. However I notice how I feel- dragging, less energy so today I will re-up on my vitamins - honestly i hate taking pills every day..hate it with a passion, but this is a given so I will get back on track with them. I have not went thru any depressions at all. I want to get out more and go places..do things. I am still the "big" friend in my crew...in fact i have come to the realization even if I was to lose the entire 160 lbs I will still be the "big" friend in my group of friends size wise however I do not feel like the "big" friend. I feel confident and sexy and small!! I have broken that mental stigma of the "big" friend.

Ok what I am still unable to do is cross my legs at the knee. Just tried it and nope not gonna happen yet (took a lot of effort to maintain for a few seconds .) but what is strange is that i have the urge to want to cross my legs- weird I know. So leg crossing is on the horizion!!! well hold on let me try one more time. okay i can do it if i'm leaning back in a seat!!!! LOL I leaned foward and my leg was like nope not gonna happen!!! I think I will keep practicing!

I'm living a healthy life and loving it!!! So much to look forward to in the future. Allure of The Seas get ready for me- I'm about to turn the ship out!!! (just felt like saying that)!!

Love yourself!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1412083547695.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	566.5 KB 
ID:	21530

Submit "6 months..65lbs down and a bunch of inches lost!" to Digg Submit "6 months..65lbs down and a bunch of inches lost!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 months..65lbs down and a bunch of inches lost!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 months..65lbs down and a bunch of inches lost!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome & So Encouraged By You!
    sounds like you are doing awesome! Good for you!
    You look fantastic!
    Lookin' good, and sounds like you're livin' the life! Wonderful. I'm happy for you. Like you I hate taking pills but I've had to get used to few, and haven't even started vitamins yet. My post-op visit is Oct 7, so I guess I'll find out about them then.

It's good that you're enjoying exercising. I gave up on that a few years ago, seemed like I hurt myself more than I helped. I used to try push-ups and pull-ups but I've had surgery on both shoulders in the past few years, and I cringe at the thought of attempting either now and even after I lose weight. Sometimes I wonder how those people on The biggest Loser don't end up with injuries--or dead from a heart attack; In my opinion they're carrying too much weight to be doing all the stuff they have to do! Not that the producers of the show care what I think or anything, but I'm just sayin'....

Enjoy your cruise. I'm sure you'll be crossing your legs before long.
    Look at you, Kiddo!!! You are living up to your screen name!!! You also look so much younger and happier!!!
    Fabulous!! Great encouragement for me. Very happy for you.
    WHOO HOOO! Great job on your weight loss! You're right, never let anyone ruin your high!
    Ooo, go ahead girl with ya bad self!!!!
    I am so proud of you! You are doing really well. Don't worry about your surgeon. How you feel is all that matters!
    Yore doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    You look great! Congrats on the vacation. Enjoy yourself! I hear you about the planes. It's a relief that you can get on the plane and not have to wonder if the belt will fit. 6-months till my vacation....uggggg.....I'm jealous now...LOL