Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Fae

gas

Rate this Entry
There's a rumbly in my tummy, as Pooh said. In fact there's a rumbly all through my digestive tract. Not painful, but I decided I would try a couple of gas-x strips. The gas has been coming on out, thank goodness, and it does seem to have a different odor. Don't know if the rumbly is audible 'cause it's fairly noisy in my house, haven't been to a quiet place, like the doc's office, yet. I did have some nausea and an episode of vomiting the morning after surgery. They gave me zofran, haven't had to use it again.

I want to eat. Yesterday the food commercials on TV.......oh my. I am a little hungry for the first time today, and earlier I was thinking about how good a KFC dinner would taste, used to taste; I won't be doing that again, not a whole one. sigh. Steak or pork chops with gravy. I want meat.

Anyway, on this 3rd day post-op I'm mostly good. I think I did feel a little gas pain in my chest just now, and I'm sure it was just gas. My body tolerated gallbladder surgery very well recently, so I was surprised when my BP shot up after the sleeve surgery. My BP is usually good, but back in my room, still groggy, I remember them asking if I was on any BP med because the systolic (top) number (that I could see on the monitor) was 195. It slowly decreased but was still somewhat elevated when I was discharged. In fact I just got my first good reading at home this morning, 126, which is about my usual systolic reading.

So I'm dealing with the head hunger I've heard about. Can hardly wait until day 7--but I will. My post-op visit is Oct. 7, so I'll find out about future eating then. sigh. I'm ready for some real food. But I know that when my cousin was 2 or 3 months out she was eating small amounts of whatever she wanted. Patience, patience. Hope everybody is doing well.

Submit "gas" to Digg Submit "gas" to del.icio.us Submit "gas" to StumbleUpon Submit "gas" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad to see you're doing well. I'm gassy as hell to. Lol..... My BP was unusually high as well after surgery 140-150/85-95. Got a much better reading when the nurse came out the day after I was discharged. First few days I had no desire to eat, but today at my in-laws I wanted to taste everything that came off the grill. I just sipped on my protein shake and told myself my day is coming. One thing I do know is that I cant tolerate milk anymore. I'm a lil upset about that.
    I pray that you have sweet and prosperous recovery Fae.
    Thanks for updating us, glad to hear you are doing fine with the exception of gas. Continue to rest.
    Glad you are doing well! Yes be patient you will be eating again soon!