Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katie14

9 days to go...

Rate this Entry
I'm 9 days from my surgery date today!! For now, the nerves are gone and I'm really excited. I have my pre-op appt in two days. I have to say that I feel very prepared for this journey, the good and the bad. I've worked with the team at Mt. Auburn Weight Management Center in Waltham and they have been great. I am thrilled to be part of their practice for many years to come as I journey into this new lifestyle.

I am not on any special pre-op diet as of yet, besides the diet I have been following with nutritionist. I have decided to take these last 10 days and try and lose as much as possible beforehand to make things easier for myself after and surgeon during surgery. I am going to do one protein shake for breakfast a lunch of lean protein and veggies and a very light dinner of lean protein and veggies. If I need a snack something without sugar or carbs. I love water, so I already drink enough of that. I'm also going to give up my morning coffee now, so it won't be so hard after the surgery.

I'll post how this week goes. I'm sure it will be tough but feel like it's better to prepare myself for being a little unsatisfied with food before surgery when by body isn't trying to heal.

Submit "9 days to go..." to Digg Submit "9 days to go..." to del.icio.us Submit "9 days to go..." to StumbleUpon Submit "9 days to go..." to Google

Comments

Good ideas! I am 13 days away and am supposed to start my 10 day pre-op diet on Tuesday. I'm trying to have a little food funeral this weekend as I know I will lose on the pre-op diet
    Any bad that you have in your mind will be nothing compared to the feeling of exhileration you will have as the scale goes down! Good luck!
    You got it, even rockstars are nervous before they perform; everytime. Shoot for the moon!