Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brightnessofhope

Now we're sleevers together ;)

Rate this Entry
I'm sitting in the hospital right now waiting for my husband to get out of recovery. Nine months ago I had my VSG, and today my husband had his. All went well and I am grateful for that and so happy for him! Now to deal with the other emotions I have tried to keep at bay. I have lost 80 lbs so far, 70 since surgery. I'm overall happy with my results, although I wish I were further along. I'm just over half way to my goal. My losses have never come steadily... but in spurts. Even the spurts have been so irregular, feeding into the ever present doubt that I will ultimately stay obese and never "make it." I know my husband will reach his goal in a few months, and while I am happy knowing that he'll reach his goal, it makes me kind of sad that I am not even close to mine. It's taken me almost 4 months to take off these last 20ish lbs. However, I am ready to shake things up as my husband starts his journey. I am thinking of trying the 5 day pouch test during my husband's first week of liquids. I hope I can stand it. Yesterday I tried to get my calories down under 1000-just barely made it. I felt starved all evening! Its hard to go back down once you've gone up. Well, I guess the purpose of this post is to get off my chest the feelings of, what if he just blows right past me to his goal and I'm left 60-70 lbs away from mine, struggling? And then, what a jerk am I to even fathom these thoughts? Online therapy. Be gentle.

Submit "Now we're sleevers together ;)" to Digg Submit "Now we're sleevers together ;)" to del.icio.us Submit "Now we're sleevers together ;)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Now we're sleevers together ;)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can relate to your feelings. It is hard when you are trying so hard and the person you are married to just thinks about losing weight and then loses it. I weigh more than my husband and I hope to one day weigh less. I don't think you are being a jerk, I think you are being honest about your feelings. I hope you reach your goal! Think of it this way, it might be a little easier now that your husband is sleeved because the two of you can share more about the journey. Good luck to both of you!
    Congratulations to both of you!
    You'll get there sweety. You're human, you are allowed to feel how you feel. Most people will never admit to their thoughts or short comings. Its in you already on what you need to do next. If you need to take a few steps back to reach your healthy weight; then do it. You can do this.
    There is no shame in sharing your feelings. Let's face it, hiding our emotions and how we really feel is why most of us have ended up needing this surgery. I think what helps me to realize that is this site and being able to read everyone's post. You realize that your not alone in this process. Keep on track, don't get discouraged. Men usually always lose faster even without the surgery. I to have been a slower loser and it does get discouraging at times. It's those times that I have to tell myself to just keep doing what I've been doing and I will reach the finish line. Congratulations on your weight lose so far and for all that is to come!! You got this!!
    I also have the same fear...I had my sleeve done on 08/25/2014 and I am down 33 Lbs. My husband is going in for his sleeve on 10/20/2014. I know his weight will come off faster just because he is male (so unfair,lol) but the weight you have already lost is amazing. That's more weight then our 9 year old daughter....Hang in there, support him and know that you guys will be amazing together!
    Thank you all. I just needed to say it. Thanks for the positive vibes