Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CamLyn

still no weight loss??? I can't figure it out

Rate this Entry
I posted about this issue before and several of you were sweet about encouraging me, thank you for that. I want to know if anyone else had a similar issue. Since I returned home from the hospital I have had NO Weight loss!!
I don't see how that is possible, as little as I eat. I was losing weight before surgery but now nothing. I am over 7 weeks out and still weight 195. you'd think I'd be down at least 7 lbs.
So has anyone not lost weight and then Finally did! how long did it take you. I really want to have someone tell me they finally had success! My thyroid level is within normal range whatever that means.

Submit "still no weight loss??? I can't figure it out" to Digg Submit "still no weight loss??? I can't figure it out" to del.icio.us Submit "still no weight loss??? I can't figure it out" to StumbleUpon Submit "still no weight loss??? I can't figure it out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What are you eating?
    Talk to your nutritionist
    I'm two years and six months out. Stalls are something you'll have and it seems no matter how much excerise or food or talking with your dr. It just happens. I stalled at 178 for over three months and I kept eating righ and working out right and I talked to this person and that person it didn't help so I was just OVER IT!!!! I decided that I would keep on keepin on and guess what it came off I'm at my goal now but our bodies I think need a little brake from time to time and I guess the more we stress and dwell on it the harder it fights back. Just keep on keepin on. I promise it will come off in your bodies time maybe just not your minds. Lol good luck!!! Onderland is amazing!!!
    Have you tried increasing your protein? Look at the protein calculator based on your weight. My dr said 65 grams when I needed 80 grams and get your fluids in.
    Ya protein level and sugar grams. I can't eat starch carbs hardly ever without stalling. And ya know, ya just can't seem to get to much water. A trainer at the gym once said, you have to sweat it or pee it out! Some truth to that. Besides we think we understand what's going on. Nut had my pcp pull blood work n wouldn't you know 60 to 75 grams of protein a day isn't enough ? So upped me to 80 to 100 grams. When what you are doing doent work try switching it up proteins from a different source or a fruit you haven't had in a while etc
    Sounds like maybe you should call your dr. My NUT was very helpful for tweaking my diet, esp in the beginning. Hang in there! I was a very slow loser also, and it can be maddening!
    Seven weeks with no weight loss sounds odd. Are you following all the "rules," getting in your minimum requirement of protein and liquids? If yes, I would talk to your doctor. Most of us don't lose for those first few weeks, maybe your body is just extra confused!
    So are you saying in 7 whole weeks you have lost NO weight?
    Yes after 7 weeks post-op I haven't lost ANY additional weight. I do follow my Doctor's instructions, and currently am trying to increase my calories to 1200. I have been consuming protein shakes that I add more protein powder to and get 51 gr per shake. Since having reached the 6 weeks and beyond my diet is more flexible and I'm trying to get more of my protein this last week from food instead of shakes. Like Eggs, fish, chicken.
    This is why I was hoping someone out there may have had a similar experience. Logically I know I have to lose weight. I am down sizes, but I had lost 17 lbs before surgery and then 5 lbs before I left the hospital so a total of 22 lbs.