Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Janb

Forcing myself to visit family

Rate this Entry
My daughter is in the army and they are moving a long ways away. I got the chance to visit them this weekend when they were just two hours away. It would have been the last time I would get to see my grandson for a long time.

I jumped.

I made hotel arrangements for myself, my husband and our three kids and we went up. We went to the zoo, a park and the beach for the day and then back to the hotel.

The whole time I was thinking: OMG, I am so fat. How can I stand to have them seeing me this way?

I was really hating on myself. But I realize that after my surgery and if I am diligent and follow the instructions, my life will change.

Near the end of the ride home, I got this huge pain in my side. This is the pain that signals that all is not right in Diverticulitis Land. I came home, took some tylenol and laid down. I also ate a food that I knew would induce diarrhea. When food gets backed up, pain ensues. Toast with butter makes me go.

Today I am not hurting, but I am going to go easy and eat carefully. Boy, the diet after VSG is selective, but nothing compared to diverticulitis and my post gallbladder syndrome.

After I have my surgery and have lost 100 pounds -- and if my diverticulitis is still active -- I am slated to have a bowel resection to removed my injured sigmoid colon.

I am not only doing the VSG to lose the weight, but to lose the disease of diverticulitis, as well. One perforation of the gut and I am dead.

So, I felt bad that my family saw me as the Fatty Von Fattenstien that I currently am, but I am more encouraged than ever to move on this process and get the clearance to sleeve and and leave it (the fat) and move on with my life.

Submit "Forcing myself to visit family" to Digg Submit "Forcing myself to visit family" to del.icio.us Submit "Forcing myself to visit family" to StumbleUpon Submit "Forcing myself to visit family" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I also have bouts of diverticulitis and just had my gallbladder out about 6 weeks ago. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Sept 25. Traveling, walking, decreased pain--I'm so looking forward to getting the weight off. Good luck to you, and me!
    Jan, that is a great attitude and keep that positive frame of mind. You will do awesome and you will love the new you!!

Laura
    Psssssst. I want to let you in on a little secret.
    Your loved one's aren't judging you, they only see you as a warm, caring person, not the shell you are in.

Congratulations on your decision to have this surgery.
    Oh man, I feel for you...and don't beat yourself up honey. Take care and hope all goes well for you!