Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julesdeck

4 months - has it been that long?

Rate this Entry
Today is my 16 week update post sleeve. I can't believe it has been that long, feels like just yesterday I was drinking protein shakes all day.

I just weighed and measured and I'm so grateful to say that not only did I lose that 2.5 lbs that I gained while dealing with my family situation these past 2 weeks, but I also lost another .5 lb and .75" on my hips. All in less than a week back home. I'm almost back on track. Still need to get back into my exercise routine and cook some bite size protein snacks for the week (which really helps with my daily meal planning).

I've now lost 60.4 lbs and 34.5". That is an average of 2.325 lbs a week since surgery (I lost some prior to surgery) It is coming off slow but it is coming off and I feel so much more alive than I thought I would. I took my horse to a new place last night after work with friends and rode for hours. Didn't come home until after 10 pm. I would never have been able to get off the couch after work, never mind go do something that physical. It's great!

Today is my 4 month behavioral class at my surgeons office. Hopefully this will boost me even more mentally. I'll see a few people who have had the surgery around the same time I have. I love to see everyone's progress. Well have a good day all and be well.

Submit "4 months - has it been that long?" to Digg Submit "4 months - has it been that long?" to del.icio.us Submit "4 months - has it been that long?" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 months - has it been that long?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Keep it up...well more like keep losing!!! Awesome!
    Jules, you're knocking me out. I love your posts. Thanks.
    How awesome for you!! I am looking forward to those days
    Congrats on 4 months and 60 lbs. :-)
    Congratulations! I'm now 18 weeks out. You said "used to drink protein shakes all day." Do you not drink them now? Just asking because this is probably the hardest thing for me, I hate them so bad and so I'm a slacker. Then I feel guilty if I don't drink enough of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson
    Congratulations! I'm now 18 weeks out. You said "used to drink protein shakes all day." Do you not drink them now? Just asking because this is probably the hardest thing for me, I hate them so bad and so I'm a slacker. Then I feel guilty if I don't drink enough of them.
    I only have a protein shake when I'm in the mood for them. I get my 60-90 grams per day with food for the most part.
    Congrats!! I look forward to saying it has been 4 months.

You sound like you are doing everything right and experiencing great results!

Laura