Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amandajane

5 Month Update

Rate this Entry
Hey-Hey! It's been a while since I've blogged but I'm still reading all of the progress ya'll are making and it's awesome to see! I'm going on my 22nd week post op so I just finished up my 5th month. Wow- What a ride! I wish I could grab all you newbies and give you insight into my brain for 5 minutes so you could see how amazing this is... honestly. I remember being you- so nervous and worried that I would be the "one" who didn't lose weight.. not understanding why I could get down so much liquid after surgery and thinking my sleeve was "broken"... Wondering if this was really going to work... thinking I'm not losing as much as everyone else, etc. The list goes on and on. Well- All I can tell you is that time is on your side and before you know it, you will be looking back like I am saying "where the heck did these past 5 months go"?! I finally hit onederland two weeks ago and I literally shed a tear.. Never in a MILLION YEARS would I have believed even 6 months ago going into this surgery that I would be here writing this to you. My WL is slowing down greatly now and I'm not losing 3 lbs a week like I was before.. but I'm losing 1 and sometimes 2 and I'm good with it b/c it's coming off. I shop in normal stores now.. I can pull clothes off the rack and buy them. Amazing... I always loved shoes and purses b/c everybody "fits" those, right? Well- now I have to force myself to stay away from the mall!! I love shopping! I just ran a 5K yesterday.. Who the HECK do I think I am?! Well- this is the new me... the happy me... The person who was always inside waiting to burst out. I have a little over 30 lbs to get to my personal goal but am 18 lbs away from my Dr's goal. I've lost 67 lbs (21 pre-op and 46 post op) and I couldn't be happier. Below is a progress pic ( pre-surgery, about 3 months post op and then recent) as well as the pic of me before the race yesterday. Don't ask me why I look so miserable in the first two photos- who knows! LOL. For those of you struggling out there- nothing easy is worth having so just keep pushing along. Take each day as a new chance to do things better and remember- this is a marathon, not a sprint. If you don't lose 100 lbs this week, it's OK! The lbs add up and it will happen. Hope all you losers out there have a great week! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color run.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	21248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 month progress.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	548.1 KB 
ID:	21247

Submit "5 Month Update" to Digg Submit "5 Month Update" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Month Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Month Update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Way to go! You look great!!!
    Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling when we begin to do things that we were never able to do before. If your like me, I feel as though I have a whole new life that I love living!
    Oh Amanda Jane, you have no idea how much I needed to read your post. I am one of the 'fortunate' ones who has had no problems with the surgery, can take in as much fluid as I want, even though less than 2 weeks out, so because I have no problem with shakes, soups etc, weight loss is not dramatic and I have been wondering if this is going to work for me. Your post has made me feel so much calmer, thank you!
    You made me cry ! Im so excited to take this journey .. Thank You for posting your story..
    You look awesome!
    Great job!!
    You look amazing! Congrats on your journey so far & continue success. WTG!
    Girl you look fabulous. I am so proud to be your sleeve sister from Cali....Keep telling us what you are doing. I start my 5th month now and I am excited to see if I can hit the 50 mark these are the 50 lbs I have been trying to loose for 8 years. Amazing to think in 5-6 months they are gone and gone forever. God is good. I had to have this surgery, after contemplating this surgery since 2008 I decided, It was now or never. I pray we all live long, prosperous, fruitful to lives as I feel like a younger me again. So happy for all of us who regained our lives back. Here's to enjoying and loving life again.
    wonderful inspirational story thanks for sharing
    You are fabulous! Love the progress pics and the positive attitude. Thank you for the post, I needed it.
    I'm new to this blogging thing.. So forgive my poor etiquette. I'm a bit raw in real life to. Plus I suffer severe ADHD. SOooooo with me qualifying my social ineptness... Let me say this..
    YOU F#^king rock.. Wow. What a champ.
    Your optimism is contagious. I'm gonna follow your progress. Definitely inspiring.
    You go girl!
    You look great!!!congrats
    Superb,You look absolutely Fantastic!!!
    We had surgery around the same time and I'm down 62lbs guess we on the right track.
    No complaints over here only compliments and it feels weird and overwhelming at times.
    Congrats once again!!!
    I love your story. Its like you are so inside of my head. I am three weeks post op and think all of the things you mentioned. I am so excited and encouraged to be taking this journey. Thank you so much for sharing.
    I do remember your early posts! I think we've all had that fear that the sleeve might not work for us, but the sleeve does work (thank goodness)! Congratulations on your success thus far!
    Great Job! Congratulations. I am trying to get up to jogging. I speed walk 2-4 at least 5 days a week. Keep up the good work.
    You have done amazingly well!