Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ladeegee

1 Month Anniversary!

Rate this Entry
I canít believe one month ago today, I was sleeved! Even though I have a few issues, overall I feel great. Iím down 24 pounds (I was down 26 but I gained 2 last week when I started soft foods), I can eat almost anything, which is probably how I gained the 2 pounds, and Iím down from size 24 to size 20. I can actually see that my face looks smaller now. I also notice that I have much more energy. All these differences in one month! That would have never happened if I didnít have this surgery.

Do I regret it? Only when Iím eating something good and I want more but my sleeve (the diva) tells me no. For instance, last night, I made turkey lasagna for dinner. If you recall, that last time I made lasagna was during my pre-op liquid diet when I cheated big time! It tasted soooooo good! And I wanted more, but I was full. There was no going back for more this time.

Now my few issues are (beware the first two are TMI). I will be discussing these with my Doctor next week.

1. Constipation. I havenít been regular since surgery. Sometimes I donít feel the need to go for a few days and when I need to go itís a struggle. Iím hoping that since I can eat soft fruit now that things will start moving normally again.
2. Regurgitation. Iím still burping up this foul tasting foamy stuff sometimes. Sometimes it has brown streaks in it. It doesnít happen every time, but itís happened enough times for me to be concerned.
3. Indigestion. It gets so bad, especially when I lay down at night. I think I may have to take my Protonix twice a day now.

For all who are just embarking on this journey, it is definitely worth it. I remember when I went to my first information session in February. I thought six months would take forever! But time went quickly, I learned a great deal and it helped me with living life on the sleeved side. My biggest fear going in was pain. But my pain was well managed in the hospital, and I didnít take any pain-killers when I got home. My Tylenol 3 is still in the fridge unopened.

Take care all!!

Submit "1 Month Anniversary!" to Digg Submit "1 Month Anniversary!" to del.icio.us Submit "1 Month Anniversary!" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 Month Anniversary!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy 1 month Anniversary .. I am 17 days post-op and I could honestly say im very happy with my decision ..I hate not having to go to the restroom in a regular basis like before but I guess that is something we need to get use to
    Congrats! I'm glad you're pleased and that your weight loss is going well. Good luck getting those annoying (hopefully minor) problems cleared up.
    Congrats, Old habits die hard ..Keep up the Good Work
    Congratulations on your anniversary!!
    Congrats! I hope you get your issues resolved that are concerning you. And you know a diva gets what a diva wants lol god bless
    Happy one month anniversary. It is a BIG life change having the sleeve done. It not only changes us physically but also mentally. Keep up the great work.

Laura
    Congratulations! Pay attention to your sleeve--the diva, is your built-in portion control. When you feel that restriction, put your fork down because the diva has spoken! I had awful constipation in the beginning, the only thing that helped me was citrate magnesium. It costs about $1.25 at the pharmacy or grocery store. Stir it until the bubbles go out, trust me YOU WILL GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Congratulations! Pay attention to your sleeve--the diva, is your built-in portion control. When you feel that restriction, put your fork down because the diva has spoken! I had awful constipation in the beginning, the only thing that helped me was citrate magnesium. It costs about $1.25 at the pharmacy or grocery store. Stir it until the bubbles go out, trust me YOU WILL GO!

Thanks Kenson, I will pick some up today.
    Your are doing great! Congratulations.
    Contact your surgeon if you are experiencing any problems, maybe they can offer some advice or prescribe a medicine like Prilosec (or its generic, which I needed to go back on for this short term).

Good luck and keep up the great work.