Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Granna1965

More of My Journey! I always learn the hard way!

Rate this Entry
Okay. Today is 9/3/14. I am almost 1 year out! I have lost 40 lbs from the first visit I had with my Dr. before my surgery. I have gotten back on track and am really trying this time! I actually went back to my Dr today and got some great advice I believe. I have a whole new mind set than I did a year ago. As I have said in a post from about a week or so ago, I realized that I obviously was thinking that the weight would just come off with not much work from me. LOL. JOKE! But the good thing is I do realize that I was clearly NOT thinking right and most def not using my tool as I was suppose to.
I am very happy for all of you that lost your weight and for those of you that are losing and using this wonderful tool like we are all suppose to. Now that I am, I am determined. I will NOT give up again. If my weight loss stops again ( and it will ) I will have to find new avenues to get my body jump started again! I was told today that I need to get 80 g of protein in a day and up to 120 Carbs. I think the carb count sounds high so I am gonna try to keep it at 80 or less and see what happens.
I actually tracked my food intake for today and to my BIG surprise I am WAY under in protein - 54 g , a little high in fat 68g( for my liking) and a bit over in carbs 83g. calories were 1154. So a bit high on calorie also.
When I asked the dr and nut how many calories should I stay around per day and how much fat should I limit my daily intake to? The answer from both were, if you are getting all of your protein and stay down on carb then calorie and fat will fall in place. That statement was kind of scary to me. But I am just going to roll with this and see what happens! I will be blogging more so I can keep track of me........ hopefully! This is my journey and I will be a winner!

Submit "More of My Journey! I always learn the hard way!" to Digg Submit "More of My Journey! I always learn the hard way!" to del.icio.us Submit "More of My Journey! I always learn the hard way!" to StumbleUpon Submit "More of My Journey! I always learn the hard way!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You will do awesome ! Keep a positive mindset I was sleeved at the end of July I get in 85 to 115 g of protein in and I have started to introduce solid foods into my daily eating. My morning starts with a cup of decaf with a scoop of vanilla or choc protein mixed in that is 30g my morning water I mix in a new whey liquid protein that is 42g for lunch which takes me the whole hour to eat is a butterball turkey burger sweet onion flavor 31g of protein that's 103g you can do it ,pace yourself and make the right food choices and don't forget the sugar free popsicles
    Sugar free popscicles are a sinful treat for me. I love them things, even my 5 year old prefers daddy's popscicles to the other ones.
    Sounds about right. Eat lean protein and veges. Avoid the filler foods like crackers, pasta, rice as you don't need filling anymore. Include a little clean olive oil into the diet - stay away from muffins and other wheat based baked goods and keep your clean fluids up....your half way there. What's the other half? Get yourself doing muscle challenging workouts. I do pilates and yoga. My muscles are challenged and my flexibility has improved.
    Lift weights anything to keep your muscles burning fuel and then your body will elect to ditch the non essential fat stores.