Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kathy1032

I'm envious of you people starting the Journey!

Rate this Entry
I had my surgery 14 months ago. Time has flown by! I dont go on this site much anymore, but when I first started out I was on here several times a day! I'm glad I found it and hope everyoe uses it to the fullest. Believe me, things will be happening to you that you will definitely wonder it it's 'normal' and this site helps you know you are not alone.

I don't regret a thing. But I miss the pounds falling off seemingly like butter. Now I have to work for it. I've become one of those people that feel guilty if i miss the gym too many days! I also used to scoff at people that used to be like 'oh ive gained 5 pounds' Now i'm in panic mode if I gain 3! I just never want to take for granted the smaller me. If that makes sense. I'm in no way 'skinny' but definitely healthier.

Some NSV'S you have to look forward to that i've accomplished. Crossing my legs, Got a new Drivers license with a new picture and weight, I can climb stairs without throwing up or passing out! i can fit in chairs without worrying. I flew and DIDN'T NEED AN EXTENSION!!. Kept up with friends in Vegas (was actually in front sometimes!) I still look at the larger sizes then people must think i'm nuts when i laugh at myself and remember to look for smaller. The lists goes on.

I wish everyone the best on this journey. It's exciting and scary getting to know the new you, but well worth it.

Submit "I'm envious of you people starting the Journey!" to Digg Submit "I'm envious of you people starting the Journey!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm envious of you people starting the Journey!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm envious of you people starting the Journey!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It does get harder the farther out you are doesn't it? I'm 11 months out & still want to lose another 25lbs. So that means hitting the gym regularly. Good luck to you!
    Thanks for sharing your story
    Kathy, thank you for "coming back to the old schoolyard." Or you could stay ... ?

I'm only 15 days out and truly appreciate the perspective of those who've gone before me.

Congratulations on all your weight loss and NSVs.
    I get it! I'm 11 months out as well and hit my maintenance zone about a month ago. Though I don't need to lose anymore, I'm petrified to gain it back! I started a good exercise habit about three months in, so that helps. Gives me the caloric "padding" in my day to have maintained well over the last month. I'd adjusted my end goal up 10 pounds (from 135 to 145, I'm 5'6") when I hit a size 4. I'm slightly below now, but thinking about taking off that last 7 pounds so I have a bit more wiggle room in my healthy zone. I just can't afford to shrink another clothing size!

It's also super cool that I can jog up the stairs at work with my 25 pound back pack and not feel like I'm gonna die! Crossing my legs is default now and the clothes! Painting my OWN toenails!, (Who knew?) And I do enjoy a premium pair of skinny jeans from the Buckle these days! Hard to believe the clothes are mine when I'm doing the laundry!