Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ladeegee

I Kind of Cheated.

Rate this Entry
I am now almost 3 weeks post-op and about 4 days away from started my pureed diet. And what do I do? I make turkey meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. I had a sliver of the meatloaf, chewed it up real good. No problem. I had about 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the potatoes. It went down well too. Now I'm stuffed! Has anyone else eaten food a few days before they were supposed to? Will this negatively affect my sleeve? I sure hope not.

Submit "I Kind of Cheated." to Digg Submit "I Kind of Cheated." to del.icio.us Submit "I Kind of Cheated." to StumbleUpon Submit "I Kind of Cheated." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I started my pureed diet at 2 weeks out, each surgeon has their own guideline, so some people start pureed 2 weeks post op some not till 4 weeks or whatever. If you tolerated it well I think you'll be fine.
    Oh god yes. I started at 1 week post op with refried beans, chicken and tuna salad. Was careful but now I can eat anything. You will know when you've eating something that doesn't agree with you.
    There's no right or wrong. It's all about how you feel. Good luck.
    I think you'll be fine.

Glad to hear you are feeling well.

I'm on liquids for only two weeks post-op. See the surgeon today. Unless he advances me sooner, I'll be on pureed foods next week. Refried beans never sounded so good.
    I started soft foods at 2 weeks. You'll be fine!
    HA ha HA ... I did the same thing with meatloaf also last week, a couple days earlier than I was suppose to .. I am fine, nothing bad happened.
    I definitely have cheated too, but like you got really full really fast. Especially with the meats. I don't always puree or grind them up. I know I'm doing ok. I just try to keep those "cheats" to a bare minimum and stick to the plan the doctor gave me. I think as long as we listen to our bodies, we'll all be great.
    Thanks guys, that makes me feel so much better. I'm being really careful, and paying attention to my body. I will definitely wait until next week before I venture to soft foods, like the doctor suggests. It just felt so good to eat something besides broth and protein shakes. I even put protein powder in my mashed potatoes today.
    My doc gave me the idea to cheat. I cheated with some soft cheese and some crispy crackers. It was just fine. Make sure you avoid breads, pastas, and rice.