Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CamLyn

20 days post-op, I'm getting jealous

Rate this Entry
My surgery was August 4, 2014, I'm 20 days post op, surgery day I weighed 200 lbs, when I got home from the hospital I was 192, that didn't last, I went up to 195 !!! And now nothing here I sit at 195lbs, my doctor told me we aren't worried about your weight loss right now. He told me it's excess fluids they pumped into me. Ok, but when do I lose weight? I've did clear fluids , the full liquids.. Now just added some soft foods. Anyone else get off to a slow start? When can I look forward to some weight loss?

Submit "20 days post-op, I'm getting jealous" to Digg Submit "20 days post-op, I'm getting jealous" to del.icio.us Submit "20 days post-op, I'm getting jealous" to StumbleUpon Submit "20 days post-op, I'm getting jealous" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It will come. Please do not do what I did and get frustrated. I have learned the hard way to just do what you know to do and it will happen. It may happen slow but that is okay too. I had so many stalls. It was like I had more stalls than weight loss time. But please, like I said do not get discouraged. I am 11 months post op and finding myself having to get it together. I am a failure and am now going to change that around. I look back and see had I not let it get to me, I would be off on a much better road in my journey. Dont get discourage.... it will happen! Best of luck to you
    Mine has been very slow the scale would move 1-2 and then stop. Once I was a month out I dropped 5 now I am going slow again. Just hang in there and keep following your doctor order and drink water. I am waiting for it to move again.
    Will be 3 months on Sept 9th so I am just hoping my body will release somemore pretty soon.
    Either get rid of your scale or have a family member hide it. Keep doing what you are doing. It will be impossible not to lose weight.
    Your job is to take in through food or protein products (shakes, etc.) no less that 60 grams of protein every day. You also must start drinking a minimum of 64 ounces of water every day. You need to hit 64 ounces when you start on soft foods. And move your body every day. Park farther away from the door at work and when you shop. Walk around your neighborhood, ride a bike (inside or outside), and/or join a gym. Find the formula that works for you with protein, water and exercise.

Your body's job is to fight you every step of the way. It does not want you to loose weight, exercise or change your eating plan. It will hold on to every drop of fluid if it thinks you won't give it enough. It will hold on to every calorie if it thinks you are starving it.

Your mind plays a big role in overcoming all the pressure from your body, your old habits and your family and friends. But your mind can be your best friend on this journey. Keep a positive attitude and focus on the small successes. I've learned to be happy every meal where I stop drinking 15 minutes before I eat, don't drink during my meal and wait 30 minutes after my meal to start drinking again. When I get to the fourth bottle of water, I stop and celebrate in my mind. I know I have met another goal. Protein is always on my mind. When I think of eating a food, my first thought is about the amount of protein. If it's not loaded with protein, I will choose to walk away. I don't eat enough to waste space on anything without protein - except a small amount of veggies.

You also need to find foods that fit into your plan at each phase that taste good and that you like. I think of it like when contestants on a cooking show have to make the perfect bite. I'm always seeking that perfect first bite because I know that there won't be many after that. I don't eat anything that I don't like. Since being cleared to eat all foods at 6 weeks post op, I have consumed a combination of real food and protein bars, protein cookies, protein chocolate covered soy candies and protein chips. Anything that is high in protein, low in fat, low in sugar (too much makes me sick) and tastes good are in my pantry.

Hope this helps you move forward at the fastest weight loss your body will permit.

Good luck - Bonnie
    Your doctor is right. You need to concentrate on healing and establishing new, good eating habits. Just get in all your water, vitamins and protein at this point. THROW YOUR SCALE AWAY and trust the process.
    You can eat so little that weight loss will happen but you need to hear what everyone is telling you about getting the protein and fluids. the rest will follow.
    That's absolutely fine , get rid of the scales for now drink your shakes and water and the weight will come off . It has too think logically you are most likely getting about 700 calories a day so it's impossible for your body not to loose weight but at the mo it's probably in panic mode wondering what on earth is going on . Your body needs to repair itself now is not about the weight loss . If your a slow looser so what in the end the weight will be gone and your skin has more time to srink and people won't suspect you've had surgery . Good luck and keep positive it will happen