Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Big Matt

Thanks to so many folks for the welcome they have accorded me & the best wishes they've offered

Rate this Entry
I wish to thank the large number of folks who welcomed me into the "club." It was much appreciated. I also a great admirer of so many generous respondents who have shared their successes and tribulations and have generally seemed thrilled with the real changes they have made to their own lives.
I am now down 32 pounds since my sleeve four weeks ago today. It has not been too difficult because I have been in a controlled environment at my mother's home where I have had an easy to follow - although very spartan - diet without many temptations.
But I am about to resume my peripatetic working life overseas, which is a constant blitz of airports, hotels and good and bad restaurants in some of the world's least pleasant places. Afghanistan or Iraq, anyone?
So I will soon face a far greater test than I have had over the past few weeks. Reading so many inspirational stories here online, I remain optimistic that I can meet the challenge and achieve the same positive changes.
I seldom feel hungry but as many of you must know, the smell and look of well prepared food can be an intoxicant. And something that is definitely best avoided

Submit "Thanks to so many folks for the welcome they have accorded me & the best wishes they've offered" to Digg Submit "Thanks to so many folks for the welcome they have accorded me & the best wishes they've offered" to del.icio.us Submit "Thanks to so many folks for the welcome they have accorded me & the best wishes they've offered" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thanks to so many folks for the welcome they have accorded me & the best wishes they've offered" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Everything in moderation. And wouldn't you know it...that sleeve moderates! As long as you are having 3 to 4 meals a day with no snacking on easy to eat slider foods like chips, you will still be ok. You have to eat, so choose a wiser decision. You get full so damn quick, but you can eat more than 3 to 4 meals if you're not careful. Good luck!
    Hey! I think you are closer to me than anyone I have seen on this site! Finger lakes area here!! Since you will be traveling and busy find the best meal replacement bars, get salads with chicken and eat the chicken first, veggies next and carry water everywhere. Peanut butter and apples are a great way to hit the protein and fruit, I use that when I am mobile a lot! I cannot tell you anything about food where you are going but try to find the best source of lean protein to eat first then whatever comes with after. ( I find it is more "normal" looking when out in restarants and I don't want to discuss my light eating with anyone) I do eat every 3 hrs it helps keep metabolism working all day and keeps me happy. Good luck to you.