Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tiffanytwilight

Kidney Stones

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone!

I know I've been quiet the past couple of weeks... It's because I've developed kidney stones due to the protein shakes!
You guys, I would rather have my surgery 800 times than have a kidney stone again. I've had 5 in the past week. FIVE! I still have one that I'm trying to pass right now. Anyone else has this problem??

Submit "Kidney Stones" to Digg Submit "Kidney Stones" to del.icio.us Submit "Kidney Stones" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kidney Stones" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Geez, I'm sorry about the pain you've had to endure. I've had 2 gall bladder attacks since surgery and they are WAYYYYY worse than surgery. So What is it about the protein shakes that is causing the stones? I have a good friend who kept getting them from drinking too many sports drinks (Gatorade, etc)
    I had kidney stones before surgery. Three in EACH kidney. Had some blood show up every time I had a urine sample taken. Went back to the urologist. He said good news no stones in left kidney. Only one left in right. Never felt the five others pass. He then proceeded to inform me that the stone left was over two cm big and would never pass. Had to have it blasted with sonic waves. That didn't hurt but... they put a tube in that ran from my kidney to my bladder and left it in for a week. Thought I was going to die. Urologist said I should drink a shot of lemon juice a day to help with recurring stones. You have my sympathy. Been there done that.
    I have been hospitalized with kidney stones and recently had another attack. I mixed one oz fresh lemon juice and one oz olive oil and shot it down in two shots. I can't believe what this has done to help break down the stones. I read about it on earthclinic.com. I was skeptical but there were too many people swearing by it. Truly works. I asked my surgeon about it as my surgery date gets closer and he said it's fine to continue after being sleeved.
    I've never had kidney stones ( knock on wood ) but when I was doing the Nutri System thing I wind up having a gall bladder attack and OMG was it ever so painful like everyone else have said. And it was because of the drastic diet change from what I was told. But I thank God I did have the attack because it was then I found out I had Kidney Cancer. It was caught in time. I had a partial kidney removal and have been cancer free for 5 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Geez, I'm sorry about the pain you've had to endure. I've had 2 gall bladder attacks since surgery and they are WAYYYYY worse than surgery. So What is it about the protein shakes that is causing the stones? I have a good friend who kept getting them from drinking too many sports drinks (Gatorade, etc)
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I know that there's so many things that can cause them because everyone has different body chemistry. I think mine was just tooooooo much protein all together. My kidney doctor wanted to test them but they broke up before he could.
    Wow I can't believe how many people have stones! I hope everyone is getting to the point they don't have them anymore!!
    I think I am getting kidney stones, but not sure bc I haven't gone to the dr for the pain yet.