Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bmiller140

Our Deepest Fear

Rate this Entry
Every day we have a quote pop up on our computers when we log in. Yesterday's quote really spoke to me so I wanted to share it with everyone on this site. The quote is by Marianne Williamson from a book titled A Return to Love: Reflection on the Principles of A Course in Miracles.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, we should be asking ourselves, ' Who am I not to be?'

As I've been going through this weight loss surgery, I have questioned whether I deserve to be thin or healthy or beautiful. After all, I am the reason that I was fat and unhealthy. I think we all tend to punish ourselves for our failures instead of embracing our power to change.

May each of you embrace the powerful you. The you that deserves to be thin, healthy, beautiful, talented, brilliant, gorgeous and fabulous. For if you are not all those things, who will be.

Embrace the journey - Bonnie

Submit "Our Deepest Fear" to Digg Submit "Our Deepest Fear" to del.icio.us Submit "Our Deepest Fear" to StumbleUpon Submit "Our Deepest Fear" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Bonnie, Thanks for the inspiration. It is something to deeply ponder. In the best case scenario, we would think those things about ourselves. I think that many don't believe those great things about themselves. Perhaps those who do wouldn't get over-fat in the 1st place. It is something we need to consider as we continue down our paths.
    Well put Bonnie.
    Thanks Bonnie, That has always been one of my favorite quotes.
    I love, love, love this post. As someone who has always been looked upon as having way too much going for them, I bought that "not good enough" hook line and sinker. I was / am an attractive person, I did have a really nice bootylicious body, I have the brains along with it and instead of all of that being celebrated, I've always been made to feel that I didn't deserve all that life has to offer. Smh. Thank you for the gentle reminder that I can be the sh!t and it's ok. Lol!
    Excellent quote, just reminded me of how much weight is placed on weight in our minds, circle of friends, coworkers and society...you just relit the green light for self love and acceptance, thanks
    Love the quote. It really speaks so perfectly about how most of us view ourselves mentally. I have often told myself that I was not pretty enough, thin enough or good enough to deserve to be happy and thin. I am going to post this on my mirror and remind myself daily that I am fabulous.
    Great inspiration. Thanks