Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CountryGirl72

Surprise menstral cycles...

Rate this Entry
Ok... So... I recall bein so happy when I was able to say that I still was NOT having periods (TMI) like so many others out there had started. Well... I can no longer say I got to skip that part. All my life I have had weird cycles, I'd be lucky to have one or two a year. I haven't had a period in over 5 years and that one was brought on by my doctors orders with medicine because he was concerned of hemorrhaging so I took the meds. That's the only way I had them for many, many years!!! Well... I had a surprise visitor on August 2nd!!! So, apparently I get to join so many of you that got blessed as well (I don't call it a blessing lol)!!! I am now a full believer that this surgery not only changes our outside but changes our inside issues as well!!! I'm 41 and have never had children and at this age don't really want to now. Guess after all these years I have to be careful. No fun...

Submit "Surprise menstral cycles..." to Digg Submit "Surprise menstral cycles..." to del.icio.us Submit "Surprise menstral cycles..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Surprise menstral cycles..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm glad you brought this up! I have only been sleeved for 4 weeks. And my doctor said that I will probably become irregular. I have had the most regular periods all my life and I am almost 48 years old. I am looking forward to it maybe changing. Well, 2 weeks after my surgery, I got my visitor! Darn! lol…..I am just hoping next month it might be different! I am curious as to what other women's experiences have been?
    Oooops, wrong post. I am of no help here.
    I have not had a period in almost 15 years after the birth of my son. My surgery was on a Monday n that Friday I got mine on my own and they have been regular and one time every month since. I am almost a year out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khristine
    I'm glad you brought this up! I have only been sleeved for 4 weeks. And my doctor said that I will probably become irregular. I have had the most regular periods all my life and I am almost 48 years old. I am looking forward to it maybe changing. Well, 2 weeks after my surgery, I got my visitor! Darn! lol…..I am just hoping next month it might be different! I am curious as to what other women's experiences have been?
    I have read and been told that a lot of women that were either irregular or were told they were infertile suddenly are regular and having babies because our hormones balance out from all the weight loss! I haven't heard anything about becoming irregular. Looks like we will both be wishing that unwanted visitor to go away!!!

Congrats on surgery!!! Welcome to the losers side of life. Most amazing experience ever! I just hit my 8 month post-op on the 4th of August and am below goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Poppa
    Oooops, wrong post. I am of no help here.
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc22880
    I have not had a period in almost 15 years after the birth of my son. My surgery was on a Monday n that Friday I got mine on my own and they have been regular and one time every month since. I am almost a year out now.
    You are a prime example of some of what I've heard about. Isn't this just crazy stuff!!!
    I was in shock cause I kept tellin my hubby that I didn't have to worry about that and that I didn't have to worry about birth control or any type of protection... Then suddently... BAM... Now I do!!! Not sure if this is where I add an "lol" or not!!!
    Better to find out this way then AFTER you get pregnant. There is a saying "I'd rather be 40 then pregnant" for a reason. My cycle never changed regardless of my weight. I have only missed periods twice and pregnant both times. I have an IUD and STILL have a regular cycle. I am an alpha, all women around me change their cycle to coordinate with mine. Weird but there it is.
    I'm 5 months out today, and my cycle has been consistent at 36-40 days for the past 3 years or so. Each month, my cycle has shortened. I'm not down to 30 days... I actually hope it won't go any lower :-/
    7 weeks out and also seem to be regulating after years of non-regular visits.