Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bryce75

7 Week follow up

Rate this Entry
So I haven't been able to post for awhile due to major projects at work and finishing up a summer semester of school, but I thought I would check in today.

Had my 7 week followup appointment yesterday and everything is going very good. I am down 24lbs, another three inches from midsection, and my BMI is down to 41 (started at 53). I have no complainaints or regrets toward having this surgery. I am one of the lucky ones who never gets hungry, I am at the lowest weight I have been in at least 12 years, and I feel so much healthier. I am riding my mountain bike again, which I used to do everyday, and I enjoy going to the gym.

I discussed with my surgeon a few things I have noticed. One, I occasionally wake up in the morning with a strong pain in my sternum. We chalked it up to fact I am losing my "cushion" in all areas including my chest. So it may just be the way I am sleeping and should go away overtime. I am okay with this since it is not an everyday issue for me. Two, I see a lot of people on here that have post op goals by certain visist dates. He has a goal in mind for all of his patients but does not tell them so they are not stressing out about numbers. This is one of the things I love about him and his team, they do not focus on numbers but on reducing health issues and getting us back on track to a healthy life. When my body decides it wants to stop losing, I will be happy with that point. But in general I should lose 60% of my body weight within 18 months, I can live with that, I feel 1000 times better already!

I tend not to weigh myself so I feel more surprised when I see the doctor and get my officlal weight. But besides the numbers I can tell since I needed to get some smaller shirts (3XLT to a 2XL almost an XL but they are little tight) and my pants have dropped 5 sizes (48 to 40). My wife is loving the "new" me, and she can't get over how skinny my legs are getting. And for the first time yesterday, I saw myself in the mirror and could actually see the new me coming out.

I would like to say thank you to everyone on here. While I do not post as much as I would like to, I do find inspiration and knowledge from each and everyone one of you.

God bless and have a great day!

Submit "7 Week follow up" to Digg Submit "7 Week follow up" to del.icio.us Submit "7 Week follow up" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 Week follow up" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You sound like you're on top of the world, best of luck in your upcoming months. I love the way your doctor thinks. Haven't been sleeved yet, Aug. 26 and can't wait, pre-op coming up Aug. 12. Hope things go as smooth for me as they have been for you, attitude seems to play a big part in this journey.
    Congratulations!! What a wonderful 7 week check up you're doing fantastic!! Keep up the great work!!