Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NewMeBy50

Day 24 Post-Op - 40 lbs. gone!

Rate this Entry
Stepped on the scale this morning and am down a total of 40 pounds (I lost 10 lbs. pre-op and have lost 30 since my surgery on 7/14). YAY!

Today was my 2nd follow-up appointment with my doctor and our "Soft Food Class." I get to start eating "flaky" foods like tuna fish, salmon, and super soft meats like ground turkey and ground chicken.

On the way back to work from my appointment, I bought some tuna fish (3 oz. cans) and low-fat mayo (also allowed in super small quantities at this point by my doc). When I got to work, I mixed the tuna fish, mayo, and pepper together, divided that into 3 portions, and had one portion for my lunch! OMG!!! That was the most amazing tuna fish I'd ever had in my entire life! HAHAHAHA!

Also on the way back to work, I had to stop and buy a couple of smaller-sized capris and tops. Even though I have several items in my closet that are smaller sized, I realized I didn't have any 3x or size 26 clothes. My 4x/5x & 28/30 clothes are just too big and falling off of me. It was a great feeling to know that 4x and 5x are in my past now!!!

I'm also starting to feel like I have energy again and that my stamina is returning. Until now, I'd doing something active for 3 - 5 minutes and then have to sit down. That's finally getting better. Gosh, could it have something to do with NOT carrying around an extra 40 pounds??? ;-)

Submit "Day 24 Post-Op - 40 lbs. gone!" to Digg Submit "Day 24 Post-Op - 40 lbs. gone!" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 24 Post-Op - 40 lbs. gone!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 24 Post-Op - 40 lbs. gone!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your success. I have my sleeve next week and can't wait. People like you are encouraging me to push on. Good luck as the pounds drop off.
    Way to go!! Glad things are good. I cannot wait till I have my surgery!
    Congratulations!!! I am 6 days post op and have lots of questions!!! I start stage 2 on Friday and can't wait. Tuna fish was a fav of mine before my surgery and I'm looking forward to the day I can have it again!!!
    Congrats!! That is soooo exciting! I am happy for you!!
    That is amazing. Great job so far. Isn't funny how great the food is that you used to think of as boring?
    Woohoo! Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jospugjake
    Congratulations!!! I am 6 days post op and have lots of questions!!! I start stage 2 on Friday and can't wait. Tuna fish was a fav of mine before my surgery and I'm looking forward to the day I can have it again!!!
    I am 6 days out also, and would give anything for a bite of tuna fish!!, Is stage 2 soft stuff?, I think maybe they forgot to tell me about these "stages"!!, thanks for any info, have a great evening, Linda
    Way to go, you are doing so awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by linda9556
    I am 6 days out also, and would give anything for a bite of tuna fish!!, Is stage 2 soft stuff?, I think maybe they forgot to tell me about these "stages"!!, thanks for any info, have a great evening, Linda
    I am 8 days out and was allowed to begin "creamy" liquids yesterday. Move to "soft" foods next Tuesday for a week.
    Just keep following the instructions and you'll be saying goodbye to all of your X's in no time!
    Awesome1!! You are well on your way! It's amazing how this process changes the way we think about food.
    wo w! thats a great weight loss! great job! my husband jokes with me cuz almost everytime I ate something after the liquid stage I said it was the best ever! He would say you think everything taste great!
    Quote Originally Posted by linda9556
    Hi Linda - My apologies for responding so late to you!!! My doctor and nutritionist break out eating post-op into four main stages:

STAGE 1 is surgery date through 10 days post-op = SF Jello, SF popsicles, broth, IsoPure protein drinks.

STAGE 2 is 10 days post-op through 4 weeks post-op = You can add non- or low-fat small curd cottage cheese, low-fat yogurt, low-fat refried beans, egg whites.

STAGE 3 is another 4 weeks = You can add "flaky" foods like tuna fish, salmon, and super soft meats like ground turkey and ground chicken, soft low-fat cheese. No beef yet because it's too difficult to digest at this point since your stomach is still healing.

STAGE 4 is where you can add beef (preferably ground and in very small quantities) and vegetables (however, you need to eat your protein first).

As you know, each doctor approaches this surgery with a different plan. So I advise you to find out exactly what your doc recommends and follow that. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladeegee
    Awesome1!! You are well on your way! It's amazing how this process changes the way we think about food.
    You are SOOO right!!! The strangest thing I've found so far is that I'm just not interested in sweets anymore. I don't know if that's a temporary thing, or if I'm just enjoying each food I'm eating now more because there's so little of it. Whatever the case may be, I'm super thankful that it's this way at this point!
    Quote Originally Posted by ariggs
    wo w! thats a great weight loss! great job! my husband jokes with me cuz almost everytime I ate something after the liquid stage I said it was the best ever! He would say you think everything taste great!
    And it does!!! That's what I've found. Since I'm eating slower, I'm definitely savoring flavors more. Just another "plus" to having this surgery. :-)
    Way to go! I'm learning so much from those of you who are going through this process. Thanks for posting!