Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Narasweet

Hypnotherapy

Rate this Entry
I have a friend who is about to embark on a course of hypnotherapy, to convince her mind she has had a gastric sleeve if this does not work she will have the surgery, just wondering if anyone has heard about this? If so how successful was it?

Submit "Hypnotherapy" to Digg Submit "Hypnotherapy" to del.icio.us Submit "Hypnotherapy" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hypnotherapy" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

LOL!

Maybe the hypnotherapist will convince her she's also won the Powerball lottery.

And if that doesn't work, your friend can start buying lottery tickets.
    I don't see how that's going to work as there's a difference between head hunger and actual hunger. If her head is treating her body like it only needs 500-1000 calories a day her body is going to have something to say about it and then the whole point of the therapy will be null. Sounds to me like your friend is either too scared to step up to the plate, or too cheap. I'd encourage she skip the whole ordeal and save herself time and money.
    I tried that route a couple different times as well as acupuncture and none of that made anything smaller except my bank account.
    Be supportive of your friend, I say.. if your friend is willing to give it a try just try to understand even if you don't believe in it.. if she isn't hurting herself - just be a supportive friend...
    Heck I have had the surgery and I am wondering if it would get my HEAD in the game. So many times I find myself giving in to head hunger and not listening to the sleeve. It has gotten better but it is always there.
    Be supportive, but it doesn't really work like that. He could use an induction that says she is full after 5 to 0 small bites.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE
    I tried that route a couple different times as well as acupuncture and none of that made anything smaller except my bank account.
    Thank you
    Well, I've had (what I consider to be) success with hypnosis. To be completely honest, it helped to deliver me from cigarette smoking 16 years ago. I stopped one day and haven't smoked since. Prior to that day I went to a hypnosis class & listened to tapes. I lost my desire to smoke, & equally as important, I didn't experience any withdrawals. I have seen people taking oxygen thru the nose that continue to smoke, or with holes in the throat that continue to smoke. Nicotine is very addictive & hard to quit. That said, I don't believe hypnosis can make me grow from 5-4 to 5-8. I don't think it's magic, but I do think it can be used to help with things mental or psychological. I also like acupuncture, though it didn't help me quit smoking. I believe in these alternative modes of healing as much as I believe in pharmaceutical based western medicine. I believe the alternatives try to heal you whereas western medicine just attempts to manage your symptoms. Just my opinion.
    I think too many people think of stage acts when they hear the word hypnosis.

I had weight loss hypnotherapy two years prior to have the VGS surgery.
    Did I lose a significant amount of weight from the hypnotherapy.... no, but it did help with understanding my head hunger and my addiction to food.
    The hypnotherapy helped me learn to meditate and I believe it did help when I decided to take the next step and have the VGS. The nicest thing the hypnotist did was to give me audio copies of the four hypnotherapy sessions that I had. I still listen to once a week to keep on track.
    Thank you for your replies much appreciated