Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ladeegee

Pre-Op Day 3 and I Cheated :(

Rate this Entry
Day 3 into my liquid diet, I decided to cook lasagna for Sunday dinner. I prepared myself by having my shakes in the morning before Church and again right after service.

Dinner time comes and I catch myself grazing while cooking. Then, when the lasagna was done, I had to "try" it to make sure it was good. And that was all she wrote. We pretty much know what happened next.

By the time I went to bed, I felt so guilty and defeated. I have 11 more days of this liquid diet to go, and I hope I can stick too it without anymore "mishaps". My husband and kids decided that they would cook dinners from now on. I love cooking, but I find that I can't right. At least not until I get through to the pureed phase. Then I can blend my food.

So that is my confession....Out in the open. Today (Day 4) will be much better.

Submit "Pre-Op Day 3 and I Cheated :(" to Digg Submit "Pre-Op Day 3 and I Cheated :(" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre-Op Day 3 and I Cheated :(" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre-Op Day 3 and I Cheated :(" to Google

Comments

it will be ok! just keep working on it! My husband and son where great during this time...they ate dinner almost every day before I even got home for work. Not very many people can cook and not eat it. Keep your chin up and start again!
    yeah, that was bad. But you are doing the right thing by realizing it and then not beating yourself up over it. You are starting off day 4 more determined than ever to do right. These old eating habits have taking you a life time to learn and reinforce. You will not be able to change them over night. It will be much easier after surgery when you have no other choice. But the important thing is to identify the behavior and then work very hard every day to change it. I am 10 months out and I still have to fight the urge to just grab food and eat. I was a grazer of whatever is handy. It takes time and it takes work... but you are on the right path and you can do this.
    I'll tell you what scared me into not cheating... The nurse mentioned that sometimes the Dr. gets the patient on the table, starts the surgery and has to call it off because the liver did not shrink enough to give access to the stomach. There was no way I was going to wake up and hear that I hadn't had the surgery!
    You'll be fine. Glad to see you're holding yourself accountable. Glad your family is understanding & trying to help the cause. Good luck to you! Ima Fox
    I was allowed egg drop soup and egg whites till 2 days before surgery...good luck!!!
    Today is a new day. When I was preparing for surgery, I didn't even have to follow the same type of pre-op diet lots of people do now. I only had to eat "low-carb" for one week, and then liquids the day before. That's it. I did fine and lots of other people I know did the same as I did, and also did fine. Continued success!
    Dont worry about yesterday.. Today is a new day to start fresh.
    We all make mistakes because no one is perfect but each day is our opportunity to improve. So, don't focus on yesterday but focus on what's ahead and take one day at a time. Good luck with your journey!!!
    I agree with everyone that this will be the first "oops" of many more to come. This is a learning process so its really important during this pre-op stage to find your trigger points and learn how to overcome them so that you aren't faced with bad decisions after surgery. You are doing great! Keep putting one foot in front of the other and move forward!
    I will be honest with you and no it was not right for me to do, but I cheated at least once on most of my days of my liquid diet. If it was one bite of this or a whole bean burrito. Now I went into surgery and everything was fine, I had my surgery along with my gallbladder being removed and my hernia repaired. Grant it when I cheated I did not cheat all day or even a whole meal just like a bite of chicken or a small cookie and yes on the second day a bean burrito, but I really really tried to stick to the diet other than the few mishaps. You still have 11 days to go, just start over and you will do fine......
    You will be fine as far as surgery goes. I was told by a GI doctor I work with, it only takes about 24 hours for the liver to shrink tremendously but the reason behind the liquid diet for 2-3 weeks pre-op is to prepare you for the diet post op. It's really a mentality. Best of luck to you!!
    Trust me you will be ok. I cheated 3 days before my surgery with a chicken salad my husband brought me... and I still had my surgery July 22 2014. Please dont beat yourself for not sticking to the liquid diet.. love you and be blessed
    First of many booboos....you ate it, enjoyed it, move on:-)
    Dont be too hard on yourself, I cheated about day 7 with my wontons that were in the soup but whipped myself back into shape. You can do it, you are strong! Its not so horrible because it was in the early stages so you can still make up for lost time with shrinking your liver by just toughing it out and maybe upping your exercise a bit. My liver was enlarged at first with fat and by the end of the liquid diet it was shrunk! Im 4 days post op and I can say from my experience the liquid diet gets a lot easier after being sleeved. Good luck and blessings hun!
    I am glad that you were honest with your post, I too have had issues with the liquid diet and sticking to it! My surgery is scheduled in 3 days and I have not made it through 1 full day that I did not cheat! As long as you are trying your best that is what matters! Take one day at a time ��
    You probably beaten yourself up everyday or you wouldn't be getting the sleeve. Time to forgive. I to had a small slip. I think everyone has. My reward was my doctor said how nice small and compact my liver was. Made 10 days of starving worth it. Move forth and conquer.
    I wouldnt worry about before surgery.
    After surgery you will have the stomach the size of a walnut. You wont be hungry and if you want to eat something you are not supposed to.. you will be in terrible pain and you will throw up. You will learn quickly that doing what your supposed to do causes no pain and sticking something in your mouth that isnt supposed to be there will cause pain.
    I was sleeverd on 7/11, it is now 7/29 and i have lost 33 pounds so far.
    Thanks guys! All your posts were very helpful...To update you, I have forgiven myself and moved on. I did very well yesterday and stayed on point with my diet. I even prepared all of my liquids for today. I even made my husband take that damn box of Cheez-its off the fridge last night because it kept taunting me. LOL I think he gave it to one of the kids. Cheez-its is my kryptonite!

Thanks again guys for all your support and encouragement. To all the newbies out there, this is the place to be if you need any open and honest information about your sleeve journey.

Peace and Blessings!
    I love how 1 person's honesty brings out the stories. I am so happy to read that others have had the same. You are doing great. Almost there.