Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sissy girl

Regular foods

Rate this Entry
I would like to know how long you are on a liquid program after surgery, then how long on puréed foods and then to regular food? Just curious. Hoping to have the surgery end of September. Thanks

Submit "Regular foods" to Digg Submit "Regular foods" to del.icio.us Submit "Regular foods" to StumbleUpon Submit "Regular foods" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Post-op, my doctor has me on two weeks of liquids then two weeks of pureed foods. Following the two weeks of liquids and two weeks of pureed foods I can begin to eat solid food.
    Quote Originally Posted by gblakeney
    Post-op, my doctor has me on two weeks of liquids then two weeks of pureed foods. Following the two weeks of liquids and two weeks of pureed foods I can begin to eat solid food.
    Thanks so much for your response. Did you go to Mexico for your surgery?
    My nutritionist said 4 weeks liquid 4 weeks puree then i can introduce food
    But after 2 weeks i needed more so started to introduce puree foods thn
    1 weetabix for breakfast and a thick soup late afternoon and ive been ok
    Each doc has different rules u knw ur body beta than any1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissy girl
    Thanks so much for your response. Did you go to Mexico for your surgery?
    I had it in the U.S.
    I went to Mexico, and I had surgery 5 days ago, I am on 2 weeks liquid and 2 weeks puree foods
    Quote Originally Posted by carterfamily7
    I went to Mexico, and I had surgery 5 days ago, I am on 2 weeks liquid and 2 weeks puree foods
    Thank you for your response. Where did you go in Mexico and did you go by yourself?
    For me post op it's 2 weeks of full liquid (the first 2-3 days being clear liquids only) and then 2 weeks of pureed food, and finally 3 months of the soft food diet. I'm having my surgery done in the US.
    My doc said 2 wks liquid, two wks purée, then introduce foods the 5th wk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissy girl
    Thank you for your response. Where did you go in Mexico and did you go by yourself?
    I went to Tijuana, alone. Dr. Almanza was my surgeon. I had a very good experience. My trkp home was the worst part. Pack light, your body is tired and travel is exhausting. When and where are you going?
    I'm not sure as I have to get a surgery date, hoping for the end of September. I will be going to Tijuana and flying solo. I am from Jacksonville, Fl. I will be having the same surgeon as you did Carterfamily. How have you been feeling since your surgery?
    Quote Originally Posted by gblakeney
    How have you been feeling since your surgery?