Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kindle

Expensive NSV for me and my horse

Rate this Entry
So I was able to make my old saddle work by adding a seat shrinker pad. It was actually quite comfy. But now my butt has shrunk so much that even that is too big. So I splurged on a new (used) saddle this week! I've always ridden western until my last saddle which was an aussie with a horn. SO comfy! I will never ride anything but an aussie again. So in my search for one that fit both me and my horse, the winner was a Muster Master from Australian Stock Saddle Company. It is a crossover saddle, which basically means it fits and looks like an aussie, but takes a regular western cinch and has a western fleece bottom instead of the aussie serge panels. The other thing is this one doesn't have a horn. This will definitely take some getting used to and some creative rigging options, because I mostly use the horn to dally my lead rope, hook my drink holder onto, and drape my head stall and reins on when trailering. First ride is tomorrow....can't wait!

Submit "Expensive NSV for me and my horse" to Digg Submit "Expensive NSV for me and my horse" to del.icio.us Submit "Expensive NSV for me and my horse" to StumbleUpon Submit "Expensive NSV for me and my horse" to Google

Tags: horse, nsv, saddle Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats.
    I am so excited for you!!! I'll have to look it up to see what it looks like. I'm excited to go "looking" today because my BIG saddle is too big for my little horse and getting bigger for me and my synthetic is not comfy at all. I'm looking at aussie or endurance of some kind. I am getting a new headstall today though. yay!!
    Nice - but does it have a cup holder?
    How exciting you got to pick out a new treasure, and put it to good use already. I am glad no one was hurt, it sounds like a crazy ride. I signed up riding lessons last month. I haven't rode since I was a kid, unless you count the beach horse tours my family and I took three years ago. I was so over weight that I had to have the tour guide help me mount. I thought then, that would the last time I would ever ride again. When I reached 150 pound loss I celebrated by splurging on lessons.
    My mount and dismount are unassisted I am trying English riding for the first time in my life. Very different then my past experiences. I was a farm girl, we used bareback pads or nothing at all. On trail rides we rode with western saddles. But, so far so good. I am excited to be back at it. I love reading your posts. Your horse is beautiful!!! I am a softie for the chestnuts!!!