Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kenson

Six Month Appointment--I Got Another Award!

Rate this Entry
Hi All,
I had my six month appointment today. I am down 61 pounds total! I received another keychain. This is a silver one for losing 20% of my weight. My doctor is so pleased with my progress. He said that I am doing tremendously well. Getting sleeved is THE BEST thing that I have ever done in my life, hands down. It has given me back my life. I feel better in every aspect of my life physically and emotionally.

I spoke with the NUT. I always get concerned when I hear people who are counting calories and know how much protein they are getting everyday, etc., because I don't do any of that per my NUT. In talking with her again today about counting calories, etc., she said that the sleeve "does all of that for you. I only want you to be concerned with eating nutritious foods, protein enriched foods, two fruits, two veggies and drink your water. Exercise at least three times a week." She said that I am where I should be and she was also ecstatic about my progress.

Continued success to those of us sleeved, and those yet to be!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	946 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	20354  

Submit "Six Month Appointment--I Got Another Award!" to Digg Submit "Six Month Appointment--I Got Another Award!" to del.icio.us Submit "Six Month Appointment--I Got Another Award!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Six Month Appointment--I Got Another Award!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is wonderful! Congratulations! You are doing so awesome. I don't think there is a right or a wrong as far as knowing what your eating, tracking things or not, etc. I question it myself every day. I don't want to be on a diet, but need to be mindful because I fear that I'll fall "off the wagon" even though there isn't a wagon anymore. Obviously whatever you are doing is working for you. I hope I'm just as successful.
    I love reading other people success stories, I know soon ill be able to write mine!
    So happy to see your doing so well. 60 pounds in 6 months is awesome, I can only hope I can be that successful.
    Great job!
    Amazing, you are doing wonderful, keep up all your hard work and may success follow you the rest of your days!!
    Quote Originally Posted by julesdeck
    That is wonderful! Congratulations! You are doing so awesome. I don't think there is a right or a wrong as far as knowing what your eating, tracking things or not, etc. I question it myself every day. I don't want to be on a diet, but need to be mindful because I fear that I'll fall "off the wagon" even though there isn't a wagon anymore. Obviously whatever you are doing is working for you. I hope I'm just as successful.
    Jules, I always get concerned when I read that people know exactly how many calories and protein that they are ingesting everyday. I'm thinking to myself "should I be doing the same thing?" My NUT says "nope!" It just goes to show how every surgeon's guidelines are different.
    Congratulations. You are doing so well. When I read these updates it truly uplifts and motivates me.
    Congratulations Lady!!! Very proud of you! We doing it- ain't we! (excuse the poor language-lol)

I have learned- do what works for you...and obviously what you are doing is working for you!

Keep on losing girlie!!!
    Counting or not counting calories is a personal preference thing. Different people find different things work for them. As long as your method ends up with you eating a balanced diet that is nutritious and has sufficient protein, then it doesn't really matter how you go about it. Some people can get there better with a rigid process of counting everything and some do better making sure every meal has a protein which is eaten first then veggies then grains. Or some other methodology that achieves like results. Whatever works best for you as long as it results in a healthy diet.
    Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you today and came online just to see how you were doing - my Sleeve Sister!

It sounds like the plan is working for you and your Nut is giving you great advice.

I finally hit the 1's... can't believe it! I don't remember being under 200 since I was a teenager. Then I hit the goal of not being the biggest of my siblings (there are 6 of us)... I'm now #2 and working on getting below #3... hehehe!

I'm definitely not counting calories, but I do try to get 60-80 grams of protein a day. To help with that, I'm still doing my protein shake every morning while driving to work. It's my routine and it works for me. We went on vacation a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't worry about anything, just ate a little bit of everything. I was hoping to maintain, but to my surprise, I lost 3 pounds! I'm pretty sure is was all the WALKING and HIKING!

Kenson, I'm go proud of your success and just want you to know that I think of you often, I'm just awful about getting on the computer!

Hugs,
    Monique