Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jerzeygirl

"3" Is A Magic Number for Me!

Rate this Entry
My husband loves the number 3, and after almost 40 years of marriage, I've come to love it also. However, now the number, "3", is even more magical. On July 20, 2014, it was 3 years that my whole life has changed. I had my VSG surgery on July 20, 2011, and July 20, 2014, marked the 3 year surgiversary of this amazing journey. I can't even believe it's been 3 years and in some ways it seems like I've been the way I am forever, and in others; I'm still amazed at my own transformation, and the lifestyle I can now live. It's been an amazing ride, and I've held on tightly and have never regretted it for one minute. Well, let me rephrase that... In the early stages it was hard, but with support, determination, and lots of hard work; I worked through it and it became easier. Now, it's just the way I live, and live I do
I am an avid walker, no prescription meds, feeling 30 years younger (yes 30 at least), and enjoying life in a different way than I ever thought possible. I no longer worry that I'm the fattest person in a room, look at chairs and hope I fit into them, or worry that I will die from the uncontrollable diabetes and apnea. I will never go back to the old me, and intend to live out the rest of my days in a smaller, healthier body. I am now 64 and never thought I'd look forward to growing older, but since I feel 34 and am blessed to be in great health now, I'll move forward to each new day with a positive attitude and be thankful that I had the surgery, and used the tool to the best of my ability. I wish all the people who are reading this continued success, and thanks for sharing in my joy.

Submit ""3" Is A Magic Number for Me!" to Digg Submit ""3" Is A Magic Number for Me!" to del.icio.us Submit ""3" Is A Magic Number for Me!" to StumbleUpon Submit ""3" Is A Magic Number for Me!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so very happy for you and wish you a long, healthy and happy life!
    Very inspiring. And I can hear your happiness!
    You are living my dream as well as your own. Congratulations & continued success.
    You are such an awesome inspiration!

Thank you for continuing to be here on the boards after all the years. Most people stop posting, so it's especially nice to see someone who has lost as much as you have and kept it off STILL active here on the site.

<3