Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Akrizty

Picky Sleever??? I'll let y'all decide...

Rate this Entry
My last post I complained about the dreaded stall and I'm happy to report I am officially in Onederland....YAY....197.5 to be exact! My journey has been long, but I am more than pleased with my progress.

The real reason for this blog is I've recently more often then not have been called picky by almost everyone I know. As many of you may know picking and choosing what to eat can be very frustrating and the amounts allowed are so small. People even the ones that know about my surgery just call me picky. It can be a bit frustrating at the dinner table with people judging how much I eat.

I recently got trapped in a three hour car drive and while everyone was just snacking away on unhealthy junk food I actually just felt sickened at the sight. Not to be judgmental, but all I could think was are they really that hungry or is it just habit. Then they stop at a fast food place and get upset when I refused to order anything...very frustrating. I can't force my views on food on anyone, but don't complain about my choices. I try to make the best choices for me and my new lifestyle, but it gets hard to watch others make some not so good choices....that's it for my late night rant I guess this is part of living a healthier lifestyle.

Good Luck on your journeys fellow sleevers.

Submit "Picky Sleever??? I'll let y'all decide..." to Digg Submit "Picky Sleever??? I'll let y'all decide..." to del.icio.us Submit "Picky Sleever??? I'll let y'all decide..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Picky Sleever??? I'll let y'all decide..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great topic! You hit the nail on the head: you have to do what YOU need to do to maintain your new lifestyle - ESPECIALLY when you are physically limited to eating a certain amount. I'm only 6 days out from my surgery, but had a (somewhat) similar experience last night when visiting friends who insisted I eat something with them. I literally finally had to say, "No, I just don't want anything at all and that's it!" They looked at me like I had two heads. HAHAHA! You are doing fantastic - thanks for the blog post. :-)
    You definitely are not "picky" and it sounds like you are choosing health over mental/emotional satisfaction. I'm very selective on what I eat as well and I feel quite comfortable asking the waitress/waiter for a special order. Most of the time they are fine with me ordering something that isn't exactly on the menu. My boyfriend, friends, and co-workers don't seem to mind. It bothers me too when I see others eating so unhealthy. I have a co-worker who recently got prescription diet pills but she is eating exactly the same things expecting the pills to work their magic. I tried to offer friendly advice by saying that while she is taking the pills to lessen her appetite she should focus on eating more healthy and she just rolled her eyes. I used to be that same way but now view food and nutrition so differently than before and realize everyone has their own journey.
    I know! I was never really morbidly obese and I notice the ones that are now. I usually just shake my head internally when I see huge women (and men too) loading up on a large Big Gulp at the Quik Trip. I think back on all of the pop I drank and think BLEH how did I ever drink that sugar?