Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pooky

The curse of the 180s & things I'm happy about ...

Rate this Entry
Well, I seem to have an issue with getting out of the 180s. 2-3 years ago, I was on a Medically supervised weight loss program at my weight loss center and got down to 185 then stalled and headed right back up to 219. So, I get sleeved June 4th and off it comes - so excited - then 187 stall for week 3. Week 4, I felt better as i lost 5 lbs. Now, I'm down to 182 and the past 4 days i've been stalled at 182. I can't express how EXCITED I would be if i could get past the 180s!!!!

Darn it, I'm going to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure if ... NO WHEN i get to the 170s! My nails seem to be growing like crazy with all the vitamins i'm taking - or at least i assume that's why.

As for things I'm happy about ...
  • I'm out of the 200s!
  • I'm 3 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with my daughter.
  • I no longer put on my pants and do 10 squats to attempt to stretch them out!
  • I no longer pull and tug on my shirts so that they feel more comfortable, and I actually put on some size L t-shirts now!
  • My blood pressure is very normal and my glucose tests came back normal! YAY!
  • I can put on my wedding ring - put it on the correct finger and not my pinky!
  • My waist is down 6 inches.
  • I fit in the seat of my husband's car - he has a sporty car and it was uncomfortable to sit in the bucket seats.

Bad thing is that my exercise is limited at the moment because I broke my toe a week ago, so walking any long distance is not feasible. I have been riding my bike with my husband and daughter every night for about a mile or so. It's not too long, but my rear can't take much more than that, and I still have cushion there!

One last thing I am thankful for is that I haven't had any issues really after surgery. (and please if anyone who has had issues reads this, I'm not bragging, I'm seriously thankful) I had some pretty bad pains in my stomach probably until week 3/4 post-op but they passed when I just got myself to SLOW DOWN and stop overdoing activity - stuff as simple as laundry and vacuuming. Sure, I've eaten too fast at times and had the lump thing going on. And there have been a few times I've even felt like i was going to vomit, but i never have.

But lastly ... i just have to say that it is hard to deal with the stalls. I've read tons of posts on here about stalls so i know it will pass, but in the meantime i still feel frustrated!

Starting weight 219
Pre-op diet starting weight 211
Day of surgery 200
4 1/2 weeks out 182

Submit "The curse of the 180s & things I'm happy about ..." to Digg Submit "The curse of the 180s & things I'm happy about ..." to del.icio.us Submit "The curse of the 180s & things I'm happy about ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The curse of the 180s & things I'm happy about ..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hear you! I was sleeved 5/7 and was 212 on my day of surgery. I am 2 months out and just hit 178 yesterday! I almost FELL OVER when I saw I was in the 170s. I did the same thing that you did...stalled in the 180s big time. Just keep following the program and eventually your body will catch up and you will see that magic 17 as well!! Yay! We can do this!
    I have been stuck at 188 for 3 weeks, Ugh. I am increasing my protein and water so I' keeping my fingers crossed that I break out of the 180's soon. I haven't seen the 170's in about 13 years.
    We can do it ladies! I haven't seen the 170s in about that long as well ... 13 years or so. I know that's one reason i'm so excited to get there!