Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Melissa222

16 months later...

Rate this Entry
Well, almost...2 more days but I really only go on here while I'm bored at work during the week.
I am 164.7 pounds (176 pounds lost since Feb 2013)
July 7th is my pre op appointment at the plastic surgeon's office for my vertical abdominoplasty and panniculectomy.
July 15th is my scheduled surgery date and i'll be staying overnight there at the hospital.
I'm soooo excited / a little nervous.
My wife and our daughter are going back to Massachusetts to visit more family because it's summer vacation and everyone misses us so I will be alone.
My sister has offered to stay at my house and help me and also my best friend has offered to stay and help me. I don't know how much pain i'll be in after these 2 procedures. Can someone tell me how long the pain lasts and if I really need someone there to help? I also can't stop googling before and after pictures because I just want to know what my body may look like after the surgery...will it be flat or just a little bit better, I'm anxious to know and see the results.
If anyone reading this has had it done...how much did the skin that came off weigh? I have too many questions I guess.
I can't wait for my apron to be chopped off, the surgeon said surprisingly skin doesn't weigh too much but once it's off I'm sure i'll drop pant sizes because I won't have to stuff it in the jeans with me.
Still eating the same things...rolled up turkey and cheese, cashews, peanut butter on a wheat cracker. I can totally see that I eat more now than in the beginning but I'm sure that's normal. Instead of eating 6 tacos with sour cream I eat 3/4 of 1 or sometimes 1 whole one with no lettuce or tomato and then I'm stuffed. The only time I seem to gain weight is when I have my period i'll gain like 2 pounds but the day after my period is over I drop 4 pounds.
My goal weight has been 160. I'm pretty sure i'll get there soon.
I have a feeling I'll want to get smaller though. I want to have a super flat stomach with my hip bones sticking out and soo tight and smooth. I daydream about looking like that and feeling sexy.
I need to save another $15,000 up for new boobs and bat wing removal...that wont be happening until next year though.
That's about it for now.
If anyone can tell me their story after Vertical Abdominoplasty with muscle tightening and/or Panni I would greatly appreciate reading it / getting advice or tips.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Submit "16 months later..." to Digg Submit "16 months later..." to del.icio.us Submit "16 months later..." to StumbleUpon Submit "16 months later..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You have made great progress! Congratulations!!
    You look amazing. Congrats and good luck with your upcoming surgeries.
    THANK YOU BOTH
    my wife had tummy tuck all the way around the back and her stomach is flat as a board. looks awesome but it was pretty painful.
    Hi Melissa, good luck on your upcoming surgery. I plan to had the same procedure as yours with a chest reconstruction. I am planning on having mine done in Dec or January. How long are you planning to be off work? I was told at least 8 weeks. That said, in regards to excess skin, I was informed during my consult with surgeon #2 that my pannis is 20-25 lbs. thank you for sharing your story.
    You look amazing! cant wait to hear how your surgeries go!
    Thank you all! MichD I was planning on going back to work the following Monday after my surgery.
    8 weeks??! Geesh.