Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

p.charles

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by p.charles View Post
I would like to extend a warm friendly hello to all of you. My name is Pat. I am a 37 year old mother of 4. I finally decided to forge ahead after almost a year of research and sitting on the fence about wls! My surgery date is Oct 24th with Almanza, and while I am excited, I am a little nervous as well. I know that time will be here before I know it. I don't have anyone as of yet to accompany me, and I think that is where part of the nervousness stems from. I have heard a lot of scary stories but I'm hoping for a safe uneventful trip and hoping to meet and make a new friend or two along the way. I'm learning so much from you guys and taking in as much as I can take in. I look forward to interacting with you all and the support we can all offer to one another!

Submit "Allow Me To Introduce Myself" to Digg Submit "Allow Me To Introduce Myself" to del.icio.us Submit "Allow Me To Introduce Myself" to StumbleUpon Submit "Allow Me To Introduce Myself" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Pat! Congrats and welcome. Lots of great people, support, and advice here. Usually, you can get an answer for any ? that you may come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejaycee76
    Hi Pat! Congrats and welcome. Lots of great people, support, and advice here. Usually, you can get an answer for any ? that you may come across.
    Thanks Deejay! I feel very welcomed here and I am feeling the love and support here already.
    Hey Pat~~~

I to am new to the forum and its good we have this to help us. My surgery date is less then 2 and half weeks away actually on July 16th. I am nervous, excited all in one...If anything I can help you with please shoot me a message...Thanks and God Bless!!! Teresa
    Hello,

First thing Welcome! I went to Mexico by myself, I was nervous, scared, and every other emotion
    That you can imagine!
    Surgery went great for me, Dr. Almanza was great! His english was good! He had four surggeries that day, at 2:30PM one of the drivers took you shopping, don't go with the first or second price.
    At the check in counter, there plenty of jello, popicles, and coupons for broth, just ask. I met some wonderful Ladies!! We went walking, shopping, checked on each other.

I was nervous also! I said a prayer! Then I said I Got This! It's my tIme!

Take Care
    You will do fine! Congrats on taking the steps to better your health!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nic
    You will do fine! Congrats on taking the steps to better your health!
    Thanks Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by MYLUV2ME62
    Hey Pat~~~

I to am new to the forum and its good we have this to help us. My surgery date is less then 2 and half weeks away actually on July 16th. I am nervous, excited all in one...If anything I can help you with please shoot me a message...Thanks and God Bless!!! Teresa
    Thanks! I totally agree. I kind of wish mine was sheduled that soon, because I am anxious now but all things in due time. I have my flight and everything booked and my boss approved my time off so I am good to go. I will look for updates on your journey. Very nice to meet you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady J 03
    Hello,

First thing Welcome! I went to Mexico by myself, I was nervous, scared, and every other emotion
    That you can imagine!
    Surgery went great for me, Dr. Almanza was great! His english was good! He had four surggeries that day, at 2:30PM one of the drivers took you shopping, don't go with the first or second price.
    At the check in counter, there plenty of jello, popicles, and coupons for broth, just ask. I met some wonderful Ladies!! We went walking, shopping, checked on each other.

I was nervous also! I said a prayer! Then I said I Got This! It's my tIme!

Take Care
    Thank you for commenting. I feel a little better about going by myself. Question: You mentioned coupons for broth. How does that work? I was a little worried about bringing extra money with me. I have heard stories of people being robbed or having things disappear from their hotel room.
    Hello Pat. Welcome aboard. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.
    Hi, Pat! Welcome!
    I understand I too did my research. I also am having my August 5th and yes time is flying by. I wish you luck and welcome to the club! These people here are great!