Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amandajane

Progress

Rate this Entry
Happy Friday! Yesterday I was 11 weeks out from surgery and finally hit 50 lbs lost (30 since surgery and 20 on the pre-op diet). I am averaging about 10 lbs per month post surgery, which I think is awesome. I did stall ( like everyone else) right after week 2 post op, so for those of you who are going through that now- hang in there... it's not fun, but it will pass. But, this morning I was thinking to myself- "do you really SEE 50 lbs gone"? And my answer was "no".. I see a thinner face and I obviously know my clothes are smaller. But, mentally- "no", I don't "see" it. I think a part of me is afraid to look and see some sort of success b/c I have failed at this so many times before. I also don't want to get "comfortable" with what I see b/c then I'm afraid I will go back to old habits ( again- a pattern I used to do when I was dieting). But, I'm at a point now where people are starting to comment and it feels a little weird! A guy I work with ( who is never in the office) did a double take yesterday and stopped to tell me how great I looked. It feels good to know that it's noticeable, but at the same time, I'm not really comfortable yet with people paying attention to my weight loss. Nobody at work ( except for my boss) knows I had surgery, so I just tell them I've changed my lifestyle with diet and exercise, but it's always an uncomfortable question. I always think it's funny when people say "What is your secret"?! Ummm... well, I'm not stuffing my face anymore... that's the big "secret"! LOL! But this morning I decided to do a side by side of my "before" and my "current" status. After looking at these pics, I do see a big difference so I'm really happy about that. 50 lbs gone forever... 50 more to go. 1/2 way to goal and loving life. For those of you not tracking your journey with photo's or measurements, I highly recommend you do so. When times get tough, I will look at these photos and remind myself how far I have come.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amanda.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	19807

Submit "Progress" to Digg Submit "Progress" to del.icio.us Submit "Progress" to StumbleUpon Submit "Progress" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is a huge difference. The best part is that smile, you look so happy. Congratulations.
    Congratulations! You and I had our surgery right about the same time. My date was April 4th. I've lost 30 lbs plus 10 pre-op and 17 on weight watchers prior to surgery for a total of 60 lbs. I feel the same way you do. I really don't see it in myself but I'm receiving a lot of attention... People asking what are you doing etc. it feels strange to get this type of attention from others. I guess it's all part of the new person we become.
    Regardless, I couldn't be happier and I feel so much better!

Thanks for posting. It's nice to hear others have the same experiences.
    You definately look different, but like me, it is an all over difference, maybe harder to see.
    congrats you do look way different and I know that has to feel good. I get my sleeve August 5th so I hope I have the same success you have had. please keep postin. Every story is just so inspirational
    I see a big difference in your abdominal area! I have lost over 100, and sometimes I still see myself as I was at 278. So much mental baggage...I think it is common though. Best to you!
    Your story sounds a lot like mine... I had my surgery on April 8th, I lost 12 lbs on my pre-op diet andn another 45 since surgery. I have not told anyone at work except my boss and a couple of close friends that I know I can trust. But people have been complimenting me a lot lately and I just don't know how to take all this attention yet. Of course I smile and say thank you but it definitely feels wierd. I also still have a hard time truly seeing my weight loss when I look in the mirror. Obviously my clothes are way big and like you said I can see it in my face, but I'm thinking it just takes the brain a while to catch up with the weight loss. This is definitely not a bad problem to have though lol
    Good job! Looking forward to my sleeve next week!
    There is definitely a difference! I think it's easier for others to see it before we do. I think you have a great attitude. My surgeon's office said as long as you are losing 4-8 pounds a month, you're doing fine. Anything over that is gravy (poor choice of words for a WLS, right? ) You are a very pretty lady! Continued success to you!
    You're doing fabulous and you look wonderful!
    Congratulations!!! You look awesome!!! 50lbs wow!!!! It's hard for us to see it in a mirror, that's why pictures are so important.. You have come so far...
    You look fantastic and you can see the energy in your smile. Keep it up.
    Great job! Congratulations on your success. As long as you remain positive you will continue to succeed. Unfortunately our mental pictures of ourselves take longer to develop than the actual ones---if you don't see a difference, others do!!
    Hi Amanda, keep up the great work u look amazing!!