Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Hev

One year on from my gastric sleeve surgery

Rate this Entry
If I could have seen ahead to this day a year on from my surgery I would not have worried so much. I would have been very excited. But a year ago I was scared, apprehensive and nervous. I had no clue just how much my life would change.
It has been a good journey, but like any journey it has had it's moments. I still cannot eat in a hurry or eat fast. I cannot eat more than 4 ounces .. Which is a good thing. I can now eat anything at all ..so if you worrying about never eating things again....stop right now.. Some people are not able to eat the odd thing .. I just cannot eat much. I have to keep in check all those habits that made me fat. So all those people who are just starting out on this amazing journey remember the sleeve is just a tool and if you eat like you did before you will be like you were before.

As I have said in previous blogs I have no regrets other losing a friend Roxanne to this operation.. So yes it's a risk .. Life is a risk as soon as we step out our front doors! I am glad I took this risk.

I am at Knoxville airport in a hotel. My husband and I are off to Maine .. Bangor Maine .. New England which i am really looking forward to not only because it may remind me of my home and roots in England but ... Top of my bucket list is to see a Moose so I hope to achieve this tomorrow!

My weight is wavering 162 -164 I am fine with this..if I don't lose another pound I am so happy to be alive and very fortunate to have turned my life around.. Have lost diabetes, joint aches.. Can now race around without getting out of breath. Most of all I don't recognise myself in mirror these days but it's good .. I like what I see. Size 12 sometimes a 10 no longer do I have to by a floral tent just because it's the only thing that fits...I can buy the quirky small thing that is extra special and silhouettes my body ... But most of all I feel great ..feel healthy like never before and that was my aim!
I posted an album of photos last week which you can find below or near my friends list on my profile .. Called before and after.
Good luck to those still at the beginning ... This really works just stick to the rules and your surgeons notes post op and you will get there
All the best Hev

Submit "One year on from my gastric sleeve surgery" to Digg Submit "One year on from my gastric sleeve surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "One year on from my gastric sleeve surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "One year on from my gastric sleeve surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I REALLY NEEDED TO HEAR THIS TODAY...I AM 3 WEEKS OUT...ONLY LOST 9 POUNDS.. STALLED ON DAY 12.. SUPER FRUSTRATED....SUPER CONFUSED ON ALL OF THIS... YOU GIVE ME HOPE TODAY.. THAT I WONT FAIL...CONGRATULATION TO YOU.....
    As always, its good to hear from you Hev. You've been such an inspiration in my journey and I try to mirror your positive attitude. I love everything that you've said, and wish you continued success!
    Great post. Thank you for sharing.
    Say hi to my dad while you are in the Bangor/ Bar Harbor area. I'm headed there in August. My whole life visiting Maine and never saw a moose. I hope you do!!! Thank you for your inspiration as I am only 6 weeks out tomorrow and feel like I still haven't found what works for me.
    I so appreciate your sharing your journey. I have my consult next week and am so hopeful. A size 10/12 sounds so nice!!! Enjoy your trip and I hope you see your moose
    Thanks for insight...6 days away & I'll be sleeved.
    Thank you for sharing. I am 10 days away from surgery and my nerves are getting to me. Your post was so positive and very comforting and calming.
    So excellent. Your health back and such an inspirational attitude. Congratulations!
    This is awesome advice! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for sharing this gives me so much strength im 14days til my surgery and i cant wait my journey is gonna be a walk to remember.
    Hey friend, hope all is well! Love the blonde-