Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aliveandwell

STALL..... on the 12th day! anyone have logical answer for me?

Rate this Entry
I had surgery and lost 9 pounds the first 4 days, then stalled...have been in a stall for over 2 weeks! WHAT GIVES..HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN SO EARLY AND AFTER ONLY LOOSING 9 POUNDS? Im following every rule!! Can anyone give advice....besides...BE PATIENT... YOUR BODY IS GETTING USED TO EVERYTHING....IF I HEAR THIS ONE MORE TIME...IM GANNA GO POSTAL Y'ALL!

Submit "STALL..... on the 12th day! anyone have logical answer for me?" to Digg Submit "STALL..... on the 12th day! anyone have logical answer for me?" to del.icio.us Submit "STALL..... on the 12th day! anyone have logical answer for me?" to StumbleUpon Submit "STALL..... on the 12th day! anyone have logical answer for me?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I sure hope you don't go postal, but your body is adjusting. Your body has gone from getting enough calories to keep you at your pre-surgery weight to basically nothing, so it is in shock. I know it's hard to be patient....we've all been there, but your body will let go of the weight when it is ready. Just make sure you are getting enough water and protein! Good luck!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU....BEING A NEW SLEEVER IS CONFUSING....ITS DISCOURAGING TO STALL SO SOON...I WAS THINKING IT WOULD STALL ON WEEK 3 NOT WEEK 2....WITH ONLY 9 POUNDS GONE...im usually a very patient person..but im not doing well on patience with this gig!!
    You're welcome! I think we've all had that "OMG it's not working" moment. Believe me, if you follow your program it will work! Hang in there and keep on keeping on!!
    i brought up my calories like i was told and i gained half pound.. so ya.. im totally in the OMG its not working phase!!! logically... I JUST DONT GET IT.... HOW THE BODY STALLS LIKE THIS...my husband just texted me and said..he was beating me home and hiding the scale...because... im letting this ruin me.. lololol.... it feels like i bought a broken product..haha..
    Good for your husband. You don't need a scale to tell you that your body is getting smaller. Your clothes and your friends will tell you. Focus on protein - 60 - 80 grams per day, some veggies and lots of water. Exercise as you can. Some people dive right into pretty heavy exercise - others like me (have a bad knee) have to take exercise much slower.

Best of Luck - Bonnie
    Just curious. Did you measure before your surgery? Have you measured since? I posted about this last week. Sometimes even when the scale is not moving the inches are! Don't get discouraged. I'm just a couple days ahead of you and although I don't weigh every day, I do weigh just out of curiousity a couple times a week. I've noticed that my scale has not been moving much the last week, but I'm not going into panic mode. Having surgery was not a "short term" solution. So, I'm choosing to not look at the "short term" weight loss. Things would be so much different if you were a few months out and only lost 9#! Then we might have a problem!!!

Stay positive and positive things will come your way!
    lolol...i adore you all for calming my soul.... i knew this wasnt a quick fix... i was just hoping for that quick head start of 15 to 20 right away... but i guess my body doesnt want to do that.. yes.. i measured before surgery and my scrub pants do feel more loose.. but same size... i lost 5 pre op and 9 post of then....NOTHING... it really does feel like ive failed at this too,,,ya know?? i feel frozen here... im usually super calm..super positive...super patient... WOW.. HOW THIS CHANGED MY ATTITUDE.. IM SOOOOOO NOT CALM COOL AND COLLECTED.. IM A COMPLAINING BROKEN RECORD.... NOT COOL!!! im actually afraid to eat.. fear of gaining weight.... but i will do as the pro sleevers say and BEEEE.....PATIENT!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Quote Originally Posted by aliveandwell
    lolol...i adore you all for calming my soul.... i knew this wasnt a quick fix... i was just hoping for that quick head start of 15 to 20 right away... but i guess my body doesnt want to do that.. yes.. i measured before surgery and my scrub pants do feel more loose.. but same size... i lost 5 pre op and 9 post of then....NOTHING... it really does feel like ive failed at this too,,,ya know?? i feel frozen here... im usually super calm..super positive...super patient... WOW.. HOW THIS CHANGED MY ATTITUDE.. IM SOOOOOO NOT CALM COOL AND COLLECTED.. IM A COMPLAINING BROKEN RECORD.... NOT COOL!!! im actually afraid to eat.. fear of gaining weight.... but i will do as the pro sleevers say and BEEEE.....PATIENT!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR
    I am on my 4th week today and only lost about 22 pounds. Don't get discouraged!!!
    22 IS BETTER THAN 9... IM TRYING NOT TO GET DISCOURAGED... ITS HARD...
    I hear you reading your post I thought it was about me.
    I had my surgery on June9th and have hardly lost anything. I keep getting the your body is adjusting but come on already. I have a slow thyroid so that also plays in here. But I didn't take out a loan to have this to only lose 18 pounds total. I am trying to focus on my protein to hopefully get things moving.
    Hide your kids....hide your wife....hide your SCALE!!!
    If I am reading this right you have lost 9 lbs since your surgery 21 days ago and you are complaining about an average loss of 3 lbs a week. First question that comes to mind, is how did you feel before your surgery when you lost 3 pounds a week for 3 weeks straight? Secondly, why would you feel any different after the surgery? This is a marathon race. None of us put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either.

Do yourself a huge favor. Throw your scale away. Once a month go to a doctors office and weigh yourself. I am coming up on 6 months. I don't own a scale. Guess what, I have never worried about being in a stall because every time I step on the scale I have lost weight... but I only step on a scale about once a month. The number on the scale is nothing more than a number. In no way does it tell you how much better you feel, how much better you look, how much pain has gone away, or how much better your clothes fit. It is just a random number that realistically has no meaning. Forget about that scale and focus on how much better the rest of your life is becoming. You will feel much better for it.
    Right now.. it just feels like im on another atkins diet.. all protein...low loss... stalling after the 5th day was just very unexpected..( or NOT THE NORMAL TIME FOR STALL) so... ya..sorry....but i neeeeed to see the scale move a bit before i can fully believe..I made the right decision... I know this is a long process...but I think sitting 3 weeks at a zero loss so soon into the game would give anyone some anxiety.. but... nothing i can do about it.. same size cloths...same aches and pains.. just waiting patiently for my body to give in....
    Quote Originally Posted by aliveandwell
    THANK YOU THANK YOU....BEING A NEW SLEEVER IS CONFUSING....ITS DISCOURAGING TO STALL SO SOON...I WAS THINKING IT WOULD STALL ON WEEK 3 NOT WEEK 2....WITH ONLY 9 POUNDS GONE...im usually a very patient person..but im not doing well on patience with this gig!!

Hey i had mine 5/12 and have only lost 10 since surgery. Am really wondering if i made a wise decision. I stalled 2wks post op. I have tried everything but the scale is just not moving. I just hope and pray the scale moves soon. So when you think you have it rough just remember there are others like me. Best of luck.....
    IM SOOO SORRY YOU ARE IN MY BOAT... BUT THANKFUL....THERE IS SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MY FRUSTRATION.... IT WILL HAPPEN.. I KNOW IT WILL.. IM JUST SUPER ANXIOUS!!!! TO HAVE BAGGY CLOTHS!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY.... FOR POSTING THAT FOR ME