Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bikrchk

The Amusement Park

Rate this Entry
(Background: I've been divorced 4 years, bun only jumped back in the dating pool in the last 6 months. I've had a TON of first dates, not many second dates, NO third dates).

So I had my second date with a guy I met on line whom I've been chatting\texting with for several weeks, last night and he took me to dinner, then the amusement park! Dinner was at Cinzetti's, an Italian Buffet. I was worried that I'd be able to eat so little he'd be like WTH? Why don't you EAT? (I haven't told him about the WLS yet). Didn't happen! I tried a little of everything I wanted, including desert, didn't overstuff, and no one noticed!

I'd already told him I like all things fast and dangerous, (we're both motorcycle riders so that's kind of a given, ;-)), so off we go to hit every coaster\extreme ride they have. Rode them ALL with no worries about whether the bar\collar was going to stay down comfortably or wondering if I'd be able to walk the park\keep up without being in pain.

There was one ride that made me so sad I almost cried. We were next in line for one of the coasters that has both a seat belt and one of those big collars that goes over your head. There was a very large lady with her daughter about 6 or 7 in front of us. The child was just big enough to ride, probably for the first time. The two get in, but they can't get mom's collar to go all the way down and latch properly, so the park staff has to ask them to get out and wait for the train that happens to have a larger seat. The woman was mortified, the child was screaming. They put ME in her seat. I don't know whether she got to ride or not. They were still waiting for the other train when we got off.

So this morning, still haunted by the experience, I am ever so grateful for the tool that has allowed me to work my way back to good health. I'm also excited because I may have finally met someone I have enough in common with to schedule a third date!

If you are on the fence in a decision about WLS, know that it can help you change your life to the one you WANT to live! #feelinggrateful

Submit "The Amusement Park" to Digg Submit "The Amusement Park" to del.icio.us Submit "The Amusement Park" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Amusement Park" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

thank you for your post. I was scheduled to have the sleeve december 2013 but I got blood clot in lung 3 weeks prior to surgery. So I was told I have to be on blood thinner for 6 months and then I could see about the surgery. I was so scared about being on blood thinner and what happen that I decided not to have it done. Within the last month I talk to my blood doctor and he supports me having it done. And so he has sent a letter to my doctor and I am waiting for a surgery date. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am now 315 pounds. They say that they will bridge me over with the blood thinner but I am still so very scared about having a blood clot. Your story reminds me that this is what I want. I have not been able to go on amusement rides sense I got over 300 pounds 9 years ago.
    Wow I'm glad I came across your blog today! I relate to the dating scene and I wish you luck and success in finding a great match! But I also appreciate your previous blogs which provide good common sense advice! Congratulations on your success!