Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jnwl905

Week 3 Post Op

Rate this Entry
I guess I hit my three week stall. When I stepped on the scale yesterday I had gained back the 4 pounds I lost last week and that number has not moved since then. That was hugely disappointing but I knew this was going to happen so it was not that surprising.

I decided to hold off staring to workout until next week because I am so tired. I returned to work this week and by the time I come home the only thing I want to do is go to bed. The good thing about this is that I am getting at least 10 hours of sleep every night which has not occurred in a long time.

As far as my eating I find that it is frustrating and enjoyment at the same time. Its frustrating because I can eat like I used to eat because the sleeve is forcing me to slow down and concentrate on what I'm putting in my mouth. At the same time I enjoy it because I know this is forcing me to make healthier choices, eat slower, and enjoy my meal.

Finally, to those of you who are still in the clear and unclear liquid food stage a few words of warning: when you switch back over to soft or pureed food stages listen to your sleeve and stop eating when you feel full. The feeling you get when you try to overeat is horrible. You feel like there is a lump in your throat, your chest burns, and slimmies (vomiting) is disgusting.

I have encountered this situation several times and it does not get better with time. I know its exciting to taste real food again but believe me you will regret it if you try to over do it.

Submit "Week 3 Post Op" to Digg Submit "Week 3 Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 3 Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 3 Post Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Mind me asking what you have been eating to make you ill so often?
    I hear ya. I have definately had that stuck feeling from not slowing down enough. I'm definately learning to eat slower and pay more attention. I've finally come to the conclusion that I cannot eat potatoes OR pasta. I immediately get that stuck feeling when I eat that stuff. I'm on week four and in the 3 and 4 week only lost 5lbs but not too worried. I've decided to only weigh myself once a month so that way I don't obsess over the scale and how much weight I'm loosing. My nut. said the 3wk stall is normal becasue your introducing more carbs into your body again and your liver will stalk up again. So hang in there!!!
    It doesn't appear to be what I'm eating but I'm eating to fast.