Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

meme_mayham

super scared

Rate this Entry
so i now have the means to get the sleeve, and i start my preop diet on july 1st, i am sitting at 352lbs, and i am scareder than hell now, i am not scared of the surgery or to travel alone to mexico or any of that, but of being smaller and of not knowing what to do once i start getting the feeling to eat my stress. im scared and crying because its now REAL! any advice would be greatly appreciated

Submit "super scared" to Digg Submit "super scared" to del.icio.us Submit "super scared" to StumbleUpon Submit "super scared" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's totally understandable you are scared.....this journey is going to have its up and down and you are approaching unfamiliar environment and change doesn't feel good. Keep positive thoughts!
    Most of us get very scared, but the time between scheduled and surgery goes pretty fast. It is never an easy decision I don't think. It has been worth it to me I'm now down 85 pounds since I signed up to do this so I'm happy with what I have and still working on each additional pound.
    That is kind of the point of the sleeve. More than once I have slipped back into eating anything mode and then when I'm done I get so mad at myself. Even though it seldom happens, it still happens. Here is the funny thing though, I have counted the calories from my eat whatever I want day, and they are still less than half of what I would eat on a normal day pre surgery.

This tool works. You still have to train yourself that cake is not a meal, but it will slow you down when you need that reminder.

You can do this, we all went through feeling this way.
    It will be done and over with before you know it. I have no regrets and am only 5 weeks post. I still have doubts of success, have concerns about my self esteem and my self control, but already I am more active and feel so much better with my blood pressure now 110/68. It makes a world of difference. It will be a struggle initially, but embrace it. You will find so many new things to focus on. I still love food, but I am trying to create new, healthier ways to love food. Write down all of the things you can't wait to start doing when you feel better. Check them off as you get to them. My first check off was to walk 2 miles in less than an hour. It felt great. Be well and good luck on your upcoming life change.
    I'm wondering, too, just what activities I'll find to occupy my time when I'm upset or mad or depressed; when I want some butter pecan ice cream SO BAD, when I want some turtles or snickers to help me relax. But I'll have the help of my sleeve. And I have the knowledge that my body can't take this anymore. And I've had years to eat and enjoy food; now it's time for that to change. So I can go for a walk or go to the library and read. Right now reading is so connected with food (mainly ice cream) that I don't read books much anymore. It's just such a habit to snack and eat and drink when I'm reading and oh boy a good book just requires more snacks-at least a bite of ice cream per page, and when there are 500 pages......I used to love lying on my bed with ice cream and a book....then my belly got too big for that to be comfortable, and I also developed shoulder problems.....so I started reading while sitting at the kitchen table--WAY too close to goodies. So I've stopped doing that. I do sit and read magazines and the newspaper, but those don't require as much snacking as, say, a Harry Potter book. So I CAN change, and I know I have to make more changes. I know you can find substitutes too, because most of all you'll remember why you're doing all this in the first place. Best of luck!
    im excited, i start today, i had water and a 50 cal yogurt tube, cup of tea with a touch of skim milk, and a cup of chicken broth, and its not so bad
    So, since this post in 2014 I bought a truck, in 2015 i bought a house and October 1st i got it done, i had a few demon's to get past, but I'm 30lbs down so far and there is no turning back.
    You won't be worried about eating, you will be so thrilled to be smaller and healthier. This is not a diet, you will be able to eat regular food, just less of it. It's no big deal. Easy really! I am far from the perfect eater, and lost all my weight and kept it off for over 2 years. I am in no way deprived of anything. A positive attitude will take you all the way, believe me!