Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

InthelandofOZ

Day 7 Pre-op Update - Random Questions and Thoughts

Rate this Entry
One week from today is my sleeve surgery!! I’m nervous and excited. Probably more nervous because it’s hard to be “excited” over something so surreal and hard to wrap your mind around…the fact that a year from now I’ll look like a normal person. Not a big ‘apple’ girl.

I was to do a 10 day pre-op diet (limited in options are allowed and it is low carb, low fat, low sugar and high protein and about 750-800 calories). I chose to make it 14 days – which is good because the first night I was so hungry I ate some Doritos and a cookie, the 2nd night just a couple of cookies because I had eaten all the Doritos’s and the 3rd night I found some OLD Stale Cheese Puffs I found after digging around and finished those gross things - ha My last night of my ‘trial’ pre-op, I only had 1 cookie and since then, since the ‘real’ 10 days started, I have not strayed away from the rules at all!

And it’s gotten easier every day. The smell of food all around me all week has been hard - I brought my daughter to McDonalds after her dance recital and the smell of those fries….YUM! BUT the main motivation keeping me from cheating is that I’ve already lost over 10 lbs…in ONE WEEK!

Yesterday was day 7 – and by late afternoon I was STARVING and probably because I’m LITTERALLY STARVING! This morning I’m pretty hungry and feeling a bit weak – not sure how I’m going to last another week but I have to

After surgery, I will be doing 1 week of Clear Liquids – 2 weeks of Full Liquids and then 3 weeks of soft and/or pureed food. I’m little unclear about Stage 3 – I guess we’ll discuss that more at later appointments because I’m not sure if it’s soft or pureed food or both?

I’m going to spend this week – getting my overnight hospital bag ready and finish cleaning house for visitors and for my mom who is coming to stay with me for the week following.

~Signed,
The Nervous Shrinking Starving Woman

Submit "Day 7 Pre-op Update - Random Questions and Thoughts" to Digg Submit "Day 7 Pre-op Update - Random Questions and Thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 7 Pre-op Update - Random Questions and Thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 7 Pre-op Update - Random Questions and Thoughts" to Google

Comments

Your a brave woman doing those extra days! Good luck to you!