Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kenson

Me and Sleevie!

Rate this Entry
Hi All,

I'm just sitting here thinking of all the NSV's that have been going on since me and "Sleevie" have been together. Nevermind the numbers on the scale--they are important, but the NSV's, those life victories are more important. This past weekend alone, I went to a christening luncheon, the end of the school year party and met friends after work for drinks. Five months ago, I probably would have made excuses to not go to any of those events. Sleevie has allowed me to come back out in the world and not be a hermit--not wanting to go out because I don't want to be "the biggest person in the room, not able to wear a cute outfit, etc" I could come up with a thousand excuses that were all in my head--but still very real to me.

I looked in the newspaper circular for Kohl's and saw an outfit that I had purchased that was NOT from the plus department. I said outloud "Hey, I have that outfit!" It might not be a big deal to some people, but this was huge for me. I used to get so tired of seeing cute things in stores and not being able to purchase them in my size!

My latest stats are down 55 pounds, gone from a size 18W to a size 14 (loose), but those stats aren't as important as the way that Sleevie has allowed me to venture out again, made me realize that I do love to go shopping, and I do like to look cute! Friday, I'm traveling by plane for the first time since being sleeved--should be interesting!

Continued success to those of us sleeved, and those yet to be!

Submit "Me and Sleevie!" to Digg Submit "Me and Sleevie!" to del.icio.us Submit "Me and Sleevie!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Me and Sleevie!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations! I also skip events due to being overweight and unhappy. I don't want anyone seeing me fat and miserable. But, today is day 7 and I've lost 10 pounds. I can't wait to lose a lot more and look like a million bucks! The days of being a wall flower and staying at home due to being embarrassed are on there way behind me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla
    Congratulations! I also skip events due to being overweight and unhappy. I don't want anyone seeing me fat and miserable. But, today is day 7 and I've lost 10 pounds. I can't wait to lose a lot more and look like a million bucks! The days of being a wall flower and staying at home due to being embarrassed are on there way behind me.
    Congratulations! It will only get better! Just keep following your surgeon and the team's recommendations and you will do just fine!
    That's so great to hear... I can totally relate to being a hermit who doesn't want to go anywhere b/c you don't want to be the biggest person there or have nothing to wear... I have always hated shopping but can't wait to put on something in a regular store or shop sale items off the rack! I can't imagine it... But, it will come. Great job on your weight loss- I know you are looking/feeling great! Keep up the great work!!
    Wahoo:-)
    You are truly enjoying "sleevie." That is obvious. Glad you found the "you" that you have always been. You were just hiding. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by amandajane
    That's so great to hear... I can totally relate to being a hermit who doesn't want to go anywhere b/c you don't want to be the biggest person there or have nothing to wear... I have always hated shopping but can't wait to put on something in a regular store or shop sale items off the rack! I can't imagine it... But, it will come. Great job on your weight loss- I know you are looking/feeling great! Keep up the great work!!
    AmandaJane, it will happen! I didn't mean to sound like I'm so self-centered and only got a sleeve to look good in clothes and shop in normal stores, but I had been feeling so abnormal for so long--to finally feel good about myself--I just want to shout it from the rooftops! It will happen for you too! Just wait and see!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmiller140
    You are truly enjoying "sleevie." That is obvious. Glad you found the "you" that you have always been. You were just hiding. Enjoy.
    Thank you so much! I just felt like I was trapped under all that fat--that the real me was hidden somewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by sociologist
    Wahoo:-)
    Yes!!!!
    I feel very proud of you so I'm sure you feel extremely proud of yourself. We will all get there if we haven't already. I feel much better knowing that I am not alone with the way I feel and think. Sometimes we are all selfish and that's not a bad thing, it's time for us and that's something to feel good about. Congratulations to everyone that has already been sleeved and to those of us who are on our way!
    Living at LIVING!!!!! Life is way to short as it is but now we have the opportunity to live to the fullest (no pun intended) just as it should be!!!!!! Congrats gurlie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorna
    I feel very proud of you so I'm sure you feel extremely proud of yourself. We will all get there if we haven't already. I feel much better knowing that I am not alone with the way I feel and think. Sometimes we are all selfish and that's not a bad thing, it's time for us and that's something to feel good about. Congratulations to everyone that has already been sleeved and to those of us who are on our way!
    Thank you so much Lorna!
    Congratulations! Today I bought a bathing suit, yes, a bathing suit. I have not bought one in years. It is a size 16. 8 weeks ago I would have needed a 20. Yeah! It is the little things that ring my bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmtjude
    Congratulations! Today I bought a bathing suit, yes, a bathing suit. I have not bought one in years. It is a size 16. 8 weeks ago I would have needed a 20. Yeah! It is the little things that ring my bell.
    Trust me, I know what you mean! It is the little things!!! I'm going to FL in July and I can't wait to put on a bathing suit, and be comfortable, and maybe even strut around!
    Congrats! Very happy for you! And I just love that you call it "sleevie" Made me smile each time I read it through out your post!
    Kenson said: "Hey, I have that outfit!" It might not be a big deal to some people, but this was huge for me.

Congrats on an awesome NSV!
    Congrats lady! You are so on point about having a social life- i was the same way-didn't want to hang out w/friends- in fact church was my "safe" place- no one pays attention to the big girl in church. Now I am like hey lets go here and lets go there!

I feel you on Kohls!! I have yet to purchase anything from them as of yet...but my day is coming!

Congrats again!!! Happy Shrinking! LOL
    Congrats on your success! I'm reading a book called Fat Chance by Dr. Robert Lustig and he mentions how weight activates hormone releases and how they affect the brain's sensitivity to different things, so your sentiments are pretty normal and I've totally been there. Good luck on your plane flight! I've flow 5 times post op and each experience gets better. The weight loss definitely helps!