Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jnwl905

Day 7 Post Op

Rate this Entry
I weighed myself today and have lost another 4 pounds. Yesterday, I believe I was so tired because I was becoming dehydrated so I found an app on my phone that reminds me to drink water every 10 to 12 minutes. After speaking with my mom, she's a nurse, I need to increase my intake of liquid.

So far I have completed 1 quart of water, eaten 2 popsicles, and sipped 2 cups of chicken broth. I plan on fixing a protein shake for dinner and finish it off before I go to bed. Of course, I am going to keep drinking my water. I took the dogs for their daily walk and I'm done.

Also, I received my Bariatric multi-vitamins in the mail but I'm concerned I that may not be enough. I am thinking about ordering the
B12 and Iron pills also. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Submit "Day 7 Post Op" to Digg Submit "Day 7 Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 7 Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 7 Post Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Please before you go and order more vitamins ask your nutrinutist ... The reason I said this cause I actually did that , then email my nutrinutist and all I needed was a multivitamin and calium citrate. Thankfully , Bariatric Choice will take them all back even though I had open them. I hope this is helpful. Blessings
    Congratulations on taking the first big step! Surgery is only the beginning of our lifestyle change. Don't do what I did, I let myself get dehydrated and wound up in the hospital for 48 hours with an IV to help me feel better. Water, unsweetened popsicles, even sugarfree jello before it sets up are good sources of water. How lucky to have a mom who's a nurse, she is a fantastic resource for all things good to help you stay healthy. Multivitamins are a good start, my doctor ordered a sublingual (placed under the tongue to dissolve) B-12 vitamin in addition to an iron supplement. As I always say, if in doubt check with your doctor or nurse educator, they're your go to source in the early stages of recovery.

There is a good site on the web you may like to take a look at: UNJURY Medical Quality Protein. Best Tasting Whey Protein Isolate Powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein Powder Supplement. High Quality Whey Protein of course they're selling their own product, but there is also a wealth of information you might find interesting and educational.

Good luck and keep drinking the liquids!
    I second the call to wait to see what the blood work / nutritionist says. I don't have to take Iron supplements but I had bought them anyway as it was on the pre-op list. I may soon be off b12 as well. Multi vits and calcium will be all I take going forward.
    Thanks for all your advice, I'm not a good pill taker (which is why I never did well with weight loss pills) so the thought of taking pills for the rest of my life is not a pleasant one. I have an appointment to see my PCP in a couple of weeks before I go back to work and I'm going to ask her to complete blood work at that point.
    I'm so happy you're feeling better, I will definitely take your advice (actually all of you) I am scheduled for 6/23 and wondering about the pills. Little Verbena, thank you so much for your response, with the supplements and B12.
    Can I ask what the app is called? I thinking of trying to find something like that for myself.. Thanks and good luck.