Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

taisha

not feeling well

Rate this Entry
i'm in week 3 nut says i can start puree foods so i came home scrambled 1 egg and added protein cheese to it took 3 bites that was it. i'm happy i can eat just a little but i thought i could get down at least an egg lol. i'm trying hard to get my protein drink down, i know about the stalls read about it so i know my body is trying to get use to my sleeve but i feel i'm not getting enough in to push pass this stall. any suggestions plz help

Submit "not feeling well" to Digg Submit "not feeling well" to del.icio.us Submit "not feeling well" to StumbleUpon Submit "not feeling well" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hope you start feeling better.
    It was probably 6-8 weeks before I could eat a whole egg. You're still healing. Continue advancing your diet as your medical team directs and make protein a priority. You might try water based products, IsoPure bottled, Nectar mix, etc as they're thinner and easier to get down in the early stages. Most folks stall around three weeks. I know I did. You will move past it. Don't weigh everyday either, it'll make you crazy. You're way more likely to see a little movement on the scale if you only do it once per week. Focus on what you can control, (your intake and exercise) not the number on the scale which is essentially out of your hands.
    thanks for the pep talk it helped a lot feeling a little better now
    Hey Taisha - Wow my first real meal was one scrambled egg with a teaspoon of cottage cheese. I couldn't wait to be able to have it and then was sooo disappointed I only managed three bites. Now at 6 months out I can eat two lightly scrambled eggs on their own. Almost everyone goes through the 2-3 weeks stall. it is just your body trying to work out what the hell has happened. I only stalled the once and have lost every week, sometimes not that much but still a loss. Keep up your protein at the very least. It does get better