Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pooky

I made it! 12 hours post-op

Rate this Entry
Well, I made it. I admit that when I woozily woke up and saw the people in the operating room, I thanked God and took a deep breath. I've been sipping on water and eating ice chips all day with the occasional sugar free popsicle. The broth isn't sitting too well. I didn't actually get sick but thought i was going to. Maybe my sips were too big, but in any case, I don't care to see broth again today!

The worst part for me at this point is the gas. They put gas meds in my IV so they wont' let me take any GasX strips. It helps I'm sure, but it's pretty painful at times. My surgeon said that he did fix a herniated something or other in my esophagus that was causing my reflux, so that's good. I haven't had any reflux but I haven't had anything to eat really yet.

Thanks to everyone who sent their thoughts and prayers! Hoping to go home tomorrow! Good night

Submit "I made it! 12 hours post-op" to Digg Submit "I made it! 12 hours post-op" to del.icio.us Submit "I made it! 12 hours post-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "I made it! 12 hours post-op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats ur on the other side! Sleeved it might be lil tuff but no worries u will be fine!!! Best wishes
    Congratulations. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Congratulations! I hope all goes well during your recovery.
    SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Congrats and wishes for a healthy recovery.
    Congratulations, can't wait to hear more.
    So happy all went well, rest and hope to hear from you soon!
    Yeah for you. I you get to feeling better quickly.