Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Salenah

Protein shakes???????

Rate this Entry
Do I have to drink the 64oz protein a day for the rest of my life? Just want to know to make sure I a getting my protein in and also!! My protein shots and 64 oz of water eat day!!!!

Submit "Protein shakes???????" to Digg Submit "Protein shakes???????" to del.icio.us Submit "Protein shakes???????" to StumbleUpon Submit "Protein shakes???????" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When you start eating solid food and you can get a decent amount down ( 3-4 oz of protein per day), you will be eating most of your protein naturally. You will always have to focus on getting your protein in, but you won't necessarily need shakes anymore. I do know some people on here drink 1 shake a day to make sure they hit their goal without question, but you don't necessarily have to do that (unless you have a problem getting all your protein in each day)
    I am drinking my protein a day, mainly because I still have 100 pounds I want to lose. But yeah, if you're eating meats, beans and other things high in protein you should be fine. But check with your nutritionist and ask what foods you can eat instead
    I think you mean to ask if you need to take in 60-70 Grams of protein per day. The 64 oz refers to the amount of water. In the beginning, I would make a shake that would pack in at least 30g of protein in 8 ounces . For example, I would use a scoop of protein powder (20g) and a cup of skim milk to get an additional 10g of protein (I haven't had any problem tolerating milk). I also would put a little bit of banana, a little dollop of peanut butter (extra protein) and a half packet of stevia...I had to put all that in to kill the taste of the protein powder that I hated so much! It was surprisingly very good. So, I only had to have about 16 oz of my protein shakes to get in my protein requirement for the entire day. I also included the 16 oz protein shake as part of my fluid intake...some nutritionist say that the shakes don't count toward the fluid intake but my nutritionist said it was ok to count it. The protein intake gets much easier. I hated the shakes. I stopped them at about 5 weeks post-op. I get all my protein in by eating. Also, the water intake is much easier.
    I'm 7 months out and still need about 1 1/2 protein supplements, (shake, shot or quest bar) to hit my 70+g protein goal. I just consider it part of my "vitamins\supplements" now. If I worked at it, I could probably get close with diet modification, but I like variety and dumping some chocolate protein powder in my coffee allows me flexibility in what I eat while still getting the protein. I barely notice that I'm supplementing these days. It's just part of the routine.