Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rach2377

Day 5 of Pre-Op Diet

Rate this Entry
Day 5 of my pre-op diet. Am feeling ok. I am not starving, though being out with friends for most meals, and seeing & smelling their fabulous food is a little torturous. I haven't been tempted though in the slightest to even take a nibble because I want my surgery to be a success, and to be in the best shape for it, especially with all my other health issues that make the surgery riskier.

It hasn't been too bad. I honestly am not a fan of the shakes though. I find them too sweet. I don't like sweeteners, so I can really taste it. But, it's not too bad. I have been feeling good, although I do have a bit of a headache this morning (it could be that I have been burning the candle at both ends, so am tired) and I had a few calf muscle cramps during the night. Not sure if related. I have been averaging around 4 litres of water a day. Maybe I need a bit more.

I bought some of the opi-soups last night. I haven't tried them yet. Looking forward to having one tonight.

Overall I am feeling good and optimistic that I should lose a few more kg before my surgery on the 10th June.

10 days til surgery. Am excited!

Submit "Day 5 of Pre-Op Diet" to Digg Submit "Day 5 of Pre-Op Diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 5 of Pre-Op Diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 5 of Pre-Op Diet" to Google

Comments

Hi Rach2377

I am on day 4 of the Optifeasts and I agree, my experience is that it is not too bad and long may that continue, fingers crossed. Surgeon gave me 21 days pre-op but I started a day early as I was worried about coping. Shakes are definitely not gourmet but I serve mine in the nicest kiwi beer glass (Monteiths!) which my dear wife purchased from an op shop for 50c and it dresses up my feast quite nicely. I am also including a few vegies with my evening soup to keep my insides normal but 2 shakes, a soup and half of a chocolate bar each day is fine if not repetitive.

Best wishes for the 10th June, not long for you to wait now!
    I had to drink Glucerna for a month before my surgery because I am a diabetic. I actually came to like them.